OP
OP
gmendez619

gmendez619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing man. Ill see how things go i guess ill just do water changes once a week now and get a CUC now. But i dont have an RODI Unit and i dont want to keep buying RO water from my LFS so where should i get my water from ?

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can invest in a r/o unit I think you should be able to find one for a couple hundred bucks. If you find one used you will want to buy all new filters. Until then get a 5 gallon water jug and have your lfs fill it up. It should be about $ 6. Or have them top it of with synthetic saltwater that should get you through our experiment. And give you time to find a r/o unit

OP
OP
gmendez619

gmendez619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm ok yeah i guess ill just try the 5 gallon jug method for now. Until i can save up and get an RO Unit. And i need to buy some chemipure elite too becausey water has a bit of yellowish tint to it

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if we are allowed to drop names here but if you go to a secondary but still major grocery store they should have an r/o di refill station that can be as low as .30 cents/gal ,

when i set up my tank i got it from my lfs for .75/gal grr

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if we are allowed to drop names here but if you go to a secondary but still major grocery store they should have an r/o di refill station that can be as low as .30 cents/gal ,

when i set up my tank i got it from my lfs for .75/gal grr

Are you sure that is d/I. I've always heard that its just filtered city water. I would like to see that water tested for dissolved solids

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure they can't be changing filters as much as the lfs can either

wolfenstein87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water stations near me "say" they have 5-7 filters on them, I haven't looked it up and verified though. In fact they show they use the same filters that I have in my RO/DI unit. I think I may have spent $1.50 on 10 gallons of water. Tasted super clean, and the beer it made was fantastic lol.

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that is d/I. I've always heard that its just filtered city water. I would like to see that water tested for dissolved solids

i actually refuse to use anything else, the dispenser i use has a little sticker "explaining" the filter system and it is basically your standard ro di unit with a uv sterilizer. TDS is about 1-5 but i blame the jugs sloshing around , which is nowhere near the 250 tds my tap water has

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure they can't be changing filters as much as the lfs can either
i believe they do it monthly, theres a sticker with a date for sanitation and filter check, then again if its some lazy employee they very well could sticker it and call it a day without doing anything.. idk lol

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you guys have me curious. I'm going to get some and take it to my lfs and have them test the TDS. You know what I'll get a gallon from the 4 water machines that are on my way to the fs and test them all. This will be fun. And if it means I can save a little on maintenance I'm all about it

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would still like to try some of that home brew. Quit holding out

ms705jk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey G how is that tank looking? You should be getting ready for your weekly water change.

wolfenstein87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! My kegs have been empty for a few months sadly. Need to look into get a few more brew kits because I hate having a full CO2 tank, and empty kegs...

You should also look into getting a TDS meter that way you can check it yourself. Literally takes two seconds after putting the meter in your water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back