HOW DO YOU BREED CLOWNFISH?

reef jacob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of percula that lay eggs every week and just wondering what does it take to hatch the fry?

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really need to "train" talk em into laying the eggs on something you can remove from your main tank. Like a clay pot, so the fry have a fighting chance at growing up.

OP
OP
reef jacob

reef jacob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They lay on the same spot every time so that should be pretty easy to do but what about the breeding setup?

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a lot of work to do it....you need to have photo cultures, pod cultures, and eventually baby brine cultures, feeding is easy if you have those...there is a really good book that kind of walks you through it I think it is called "breeding clownfish" or "clownfish breeding", can't remember....mine is in a box somewhere....you also need a separate tank to be able to do it....never heard of anyone having luck with the parent around. As long as you have enough time, it can be done easily....depending on the clown variety, you may or may not be able to sell them though....I had 800 at a time and couldn't sell any...had to sell them to a wholesaler for 0.50 each.....killed me to do it, but what was I going to do with that many....mine were just standard perc's though

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back