how many AI modules do I need

ReeferDre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to upgrade to leds but have been getting different answers from people how many aquaillumination sold do I need . My tank is 60 cube 24x24x24. I have a mixed reef mostly layered sps on top half the rest mixed los and zoas. So 1 AI or 2?

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your right on the cusp smart placmennt could get you one, two would be best IMO.

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your right on the cusp smart placmennt could get you one, two would be best IMO.

+1

If you have clams on the bottom then two for sure.

The nice thing about AI is they are designed to be modular so adding another later is no problem.

Bill

reefhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2, i know i have a low post count but i do have expereince with these leds. very well made and very bright. i saw one setup next to a 8bulb ati with mostly blue and fiji pink bulbs and the coral looked alot better imo under the AI. www.premiumaquatics.com is a sponser here and they are a partner with AI, i would check them out. i believe they run 1100 roughly for 2 modules. i have always had a good expereince when working with premium and if anything bad was to happen they are good guys/gals and would make it right. one would work but i dont think it will cover the corners of the tank with enough par for sps.

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can certainly get by with one... the PAR (at least in my experience) is crazy and someone (IIRC on RC) has kept SPS in his 60 Cube for over six months with one. JMO

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 2 SOL Blues on a 48x18 75g
Decent light spread except the ends. PAR is unbelievable units 12" off the water surface was 700 @ bottom of 20" of water w/ all wht, blu, & ryl set @100%
Currently only running w:25%, b:45%, ryl:45%. Color nor polyp extension has been affected so far.

OP
OP
ReeferDre

ReeferDre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the sps sounds covered do you guys think my polyps acans and chalice would be good half way down to bottom? I figure the higher I need to put the light for better spread I could just turn the intensity up right?

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 on my 60 cube 24/24/24 and actually added a 26 RB led array instead of paying 200 per module to make my white sols blue sols. So I have 74 led over my 60 gallon cube. I would go with 2 sol blues if I was buying them today and that would cover you well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back