How to feed clown fry with TDO

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome buddy..
I had a surprise when i got home tonight.
20170105_180633.jpeg

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed.. i got these guys from a club member months ago and it took some time for them to lay again. My fist clutch with them did the same thing then i had two more that followed and hatched just fine. The last hatch was on a tonga branch that i removed the night of the hatch with great success on that clutch. After that they took a 6 week brake on me and the started back up with the previous clutch never hatching. So im hoping to see this one hatch for me next week fo sho.
So how is the new group looking for you now that you have your set up tuned in and one successful hatch under your belt.

OP
OP
Kraede

Kraede

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine lay eggs every 10 days like clockwork. The new hatch was very small amour 50 I guess. It's hard to say how good the will do at this stage, 20 hrs after hatch. Attached you see the first dual stripe juvenile from the first hatch. 22 days old.
IMG_1483719804.208349.jpg

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg.. that is a sweet pic. I could never get mine to hold still..lol

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And ya mine were laying about 12 to 14 days apart when they finally started back up for me.

OP
OP
Kraede

Kraede

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm last Night the remaining 40 fry from the latest hatch died over a few hours... very strange that they suddenly died after 48 hours

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang.. thats what happened to me my first couple go around. Im sorry buddy... any idea if you did something different? Plenty of rotifers?

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya you can foul a little tank in a blink of an eye.. i started to hold a bole of rotifers with alot of RG Complete to fatten them up before i put them in the tank so they would stay longer without so much in the tank. Its also important to not put any of the water from the rotifer tank into the fry tank.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any more updates?

You got me interested now after reading every post so far.

Im just beginning to raise fry. I have a buddy giving me his eggs. Should be soon.

Just want to make sure I can handle the amount of work before I go and get a breeding pair.

Austin R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm new to breeding do the clownfish fry have to be fed rots or would baby brine shrimp work to start then use bigger brines later? Or if someone could explain how to grow rots and how to raise them and what to do when you don't have any fry that would be great to

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back