Great video!

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Great video!
My week long experiment w/palys and mushroom, when this mushroom landed from substrate to LR during water change, I saw it next to paly Rock . The little polops looked retracted, I thought it was from WC, we're pretty aggressive on gravel cleaning, but for days now, that mushroom has been inflated and encroaching on their rock. I've had these for long time, (both) new lights have made them spread, unaware of the danger I've more than poked prodded, held under magnifying glass, etc. out of water and in. Is it possible some aren't as bad???

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

My week long experiment w/palys and mushroom, when this mushroom landed from substrate to LR during water change, I saw it next to paly Rock . The little polops looked retracted, I thought it was from WC, we're pretty aggressive on gravel cleaning, but for days now, that mushroom has been inflated and encroaching on their rock. I've had these for long time, (both) new lights have made them spread, unaware of the danger I've more than poked prodded, held under magnifying glass, etc. out of water and in. Is it possible some aren't as bad???
Some aren't as bad but what you have there are the bad ones as far as paly toxin is concerned these probably are where the term originated from.

Sometimes if i handle these without gloves i get little bumps that itch for days.

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very curious if zoas can be pulled from rock without cutting the rock? Mine are starting to encroach on other corals territory and I would like to trim them up so to speak. Will I just have to break my rock?
d250b73cc7a206cee7995a75c9a743e6.jpg

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very curious if zoas can be pulled from rock without cutting the rock? Mine are starting to encroach on other corals territory and I would like to trim them up so to speak. Will I just have to break my rock?
d250b73cc7a206cee7995a75c9a743e6.jpg

Search on youtube, I watched one where the guy blows water on the zoas so they close and uses a razor to cut out sections of the colony and then just pull off the mat from the rock.

Vincent Azzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

This was really helpful!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back