How to send a private message (pm) to another member

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In order to send a private message, you will need to first make at least 1 post on Reef2Reef. (Members with no posts are not allowed to PM other members. This helps us cut down on spam and scams.)

Then, click on the username of the person you wish to send a message to.

1.jpg

Once you have clicked on the person's username, their profile box will come up on the screen and you will need to select the link: "Start a Conversation."

2.jpg

This will open a new screen where you may enter the conversation title and message. Once you have composed your message, simply hit the button beneath the text box that says "Start a Conversation."

3.jpg

Additionally, in order to check your messages, you will notice the link in the upper right corner next to your username which says "inbox." If you have any new messages upon logging into R2R, you will see the number of new messages indicated over the inbox (1 new message is available in this example).

4.jpg

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact one of the REEF2REEF staff or email [email protected].

Last edited:

Blazedragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue. Probably because I'm new.
Edit: Working now no idea why it wasn't.

Last edited:

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can’t get it to work on iOS. New member also. Hopefully after I send this message I’ll have luck like others!

BlueAntec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ot seems the option appeared after making a post for others so here goes nothing...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back