How to successfully keep SPS Corals!

JUNICHI YAMASAKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a47a3d10-s.jpg

f6759690.jpg

Breeding style does not have a hesitation, and the overseas expert reefing jacket does not move slightly.
I have a vector (directionality) that it learned from the breeding results, and this is because it does not
like risks of the tool for SYSTEM and additive and light challenge called the changes to a reefing jacket
liking flags.

□I believe SYSTEM and look in a long term!

I soak a sponge with bacteria and implant aversion bacteria and aerobic bacteria.
I wore a skill to let I let you add a carbon source in a water tank and control nourishment salt.
It decreased by brown of the coral in becoming it by making hypoalimentation salt environment,
but the coral which became senile with white adversely increased.

□By the dosage of an amino acid and vitamins a polyp meal!

I may become senile with white without lack and the affinity of the wavelength matching with T5 and
the LED. I supplement it in an amino acid and vitamins on this occasion because polyps bloom well.
When the feeding fails, coral starves to death. Because the amino acid is the polyp food additive which
I specialized in becoming it, I cannot expect the effect in Berlin SYSTEM of meta stomach many lights.

□If become polyp food, is the addition of the mineral; final dyeing!

When a polyp blooms, I give each metal mineral and go to the final dyeing. Iron ion precipitates phosphorus
(phosphorus iron oxide), and a chief ingredient of the iron content cleans fluorescence green of the coral.

Potassium and iodine clean blue of the coral and raise immunity. In consumption of potassium decreasing
when do not use the carbon source the addition modestly. I let you make it polyp food while keeping the ratio
of calcium and magnesium of the breeding water and the ratio of calcium and strontium to put it in a growth
mode of the coral and assist you with a metal mineral including NI.

□I aim at the clean coral field!

The Aussie coral will be essential to make a gorgeous coral field. Vanadium and cobalt included in the additive,
tungsten, chrome, molybdenum are necessary to maintain light pink and ice blue. Because they perform final
dyeing while attacking a zooxanthella, these metal ions become light. I put too much it and am careful.

□With a tool for light that the UV deployment is bright if I keep it with an additive!

I have not spent it in using the tool for high-performance light, but, please be careful about a strong light
disorder. (OH radical effect) to burn a zooxanthella to death using a strong light tends, and the beginner
becomes the cause that a polyp gets thinner.

□An aquarium perfect with triton!

BP system to use the additive for by an appearance of the triton made rapid progress. It is the same as intellect
already taking an entrance examination for the answer.
Of the condition when is good, give Triton it, and give Triton it again when became ill-conditioned. And parameter
of the condition when was good, put it together.

□Keeping it with = bacteria to keep with the quality of the water!

I say that I keep it with the quality of the water well, but am not only a parameter. On the contrary, the coral
is not famed for death even if a parameter is out of order. A problem is one of bacteria, and the artificial sea
water is no plane, and the natural seawater is an existence machine. I give the colloidal epidermis stimulation
equally, and the artificial sea water puts a burden on salt water. If I change and perform great gauge, nature
seawater turns, but will serve as the nature seawater when I make it and give bacteria agent and an amino acid to verti

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a47a3d10-s.jpg

f6759690.jpg

Breeding style does not have a hesitation, and the overseas expert reefing jacket does not move slightly.
I have a vector (directionality) that it learned from the breeding results, and this is because it does not
like risks of the tool for SYSTEM and additive and light challenge called the changes to a reefing jacket
liking flags.

□I believe SYSTEM and look in a long term!

I soak a sponge with bacteria and implant aversion bacteria and aerobic bacteria.
I wore a skill to let I let you add a carbon source in a water tank and control nourishment salt.
It decreased by brown of the coral in becoming it by making hypoalimentation salt environment,
but the coral which became senile with white adversely increased.

□By the dosage of an amino acid and vitamins a polyp meal!

I may become senile with white without lack and the affinity of the wavelength matching with T5 and
the LED. I supplement it in an amino acid and vitamins on this occasion because polyps bloom well.
When the feeding fails, coral starves to death. Because the amino acid is the polyp food additive which
I specialized in becoming it, I cannot expect the effect in Berlin SYSTEM of meta stomach many lights.

□If become polyp food, is the addition of the mineral; final dyeing!

When a polyp blooms, I give each metal mineral and go to the final dyeing. Iron ion precipitates phosphorus
(phosphorus iron oxide), and a chief ingredient of the iron content cleans fluorescence green of the coral.

Potassium and iodine clean blue of the coral and raise immunity. In consumption of potassium decreasing
when do not use the carbon source the addition modestly. I let you make it polyp food while keeping the ratio
of calcium and magnesium of the breeding water and the ratio of calcium and strontium to put it in a growth
mode of the coral and assist you with a metal mineral including NI.

□I aim at the clean coral field!

The Aussie coral will be essential to make a gorgeous coral field. Vanadium and cobalt included in the additive,
tungsten, chrome, molybdenum are necessary to maintain light pink and ice blue. Because they perform final
dyeing while attacking a zooxanthella, these metal ions become light. I put too much it and am careful.

□With a tool for light that the UV deployment is bright if I keep it with an additive!

I have not spent it in using the tool for high-performance light, but, please be careful about a strong light
disorder. (OH radical effect) to burn a zooxanthella to death using a strong light tends, and the beginner
becomes the cause that a polyp gets thinner.

□An aquarium perfect with triton!

BP system to use the additive for by an appearance of the triton made rapid progress. It is the same as intellect
already taking an entrance examination for the answer.
Of the condition when is good, give Triton it, and give Triton it again when became ill-conditioned. And parameter
of the condition when was good, put it together.

□Keeping it with = bacteria to keep with the quality of the water!

I say that I keep it with the quality of the water well, but am not only a parameter. On the contrary, the coral
is not famed for death even if a parameter is out of order. A problem is one of bacteria, and the artificial sea
water is no plane, and the natural seawater is an existence machine. I give the colloidal epidermis stimulation
equally, and the artificial sea water puts a burden on salt water. If I change and perform great gauge, nature
seawater turns, but will serve as the nature seawater when I make it and give bacteria agent and an amino acid to verti

Beautiful reef and thanks for the tips!

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt, the way I've come to see the health of stony corals is divided into two areas, one is the Nitrate/phos area which if kept in the proper range will yield healthy corals with good color and appropriate polyp ext. Of course light and flow are in there too.The second area is alk, ca and mag.If these numbers are low, which mine were, then the skeletal structure of the corals will be compromised. A good example of this would be one of my monti caps, I no longer have the piece(they grow too fast and shade too large of an area) but I noticed when my alk had been low for quite some time rather than being crisp when broken or fragged like a potato chip it was almost mushy internally.

Re fragging or pruning, I have a separate frag and prop system that I keep cloned to my main system with water transfees so as I cut, I mount, dip and drop the cuttings into the frag tank. In regards to frequency, I treat it like bonsai and will study the piece a bit to find the right cut that will yield a good result regarding shape and clearance to surrounding corals. Also cutting deeply enough so as not have to trim again for a while.

I'm not big on selling corals and give most of them away. This is one of my favorite parts of the "hobby". I'm also the VP of my local reef club so the raffles gobble up most of my frags. We had a frag swap recently and I brought over 60 nice pieces. Aftersetting up for the swap I realized I had gone through over 300 frag plug in the past 6 months.
Talk about sharing the wealth,that is so thoughtful and also a great insurance plan.

tankaholic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just found my bedtime story tonight....i cant grow sps's to save my life....hopefully this changes things...

JayTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for bumping an old thread but just wanted to say a huge thank you,it's threads like this that made me Join R2R & I'm genuinely interested to see a fresh perspective from ours in the UK lovely tanks everyone and some solid advice :)

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it is sometimes better to start it out with easy to source frags like montis, birdsnest to watch how they do first.
Reading through this thread is was actually thinking this. It is a good place to start monti's and birdnest are pretty forgiving and could give you an idea if you want to try acropora and Millipore. But if you don't have success with the monti and birdnest. Chances are your not going to have success with the the latter. Also monti's and birdnest are readily available fairly cheep considering the price of sps.

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to also know how long these successful tanks have been successful? And we're the corals grow from frags or purchased as colonies? And do any of you have time lapse shots ?

asandbox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fail1.JPG
fail2.JPG
busy and neglected my tank this summer, my sps looks like its melting off, salinity was threw the roof, two moths before summer my return pump burns out and spilled oil and killed my fish so bioload down and i got a clam i herd they clean the water what could it be?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just bumping a great thread! :D

Grant W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, glad to see this thread still going. I'll be stopping in again. And yes the tanks still up lol

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be rereading soon myself!

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is wow, you guys inspire me big time, I definitely need to redo my tank. I have a mix of LPS, SPS and softie. I am terrible with SPS no matter what I do. At this point I feel to give up after years of keeping corals ( not a expert obviously). I lost a lot of corals ever since my move in June.

At this point I need to complete reinvent my tank and stick with a specific tank;

SPS dominated or Soft corals or LPS Only

Would love to hear everyone thoughts on this: Keeping a specific type tank.

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 9.30.30 AM.png

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is three months old, a 180 gallon display, 300 total system volume.

Equipment:
Lighting: 2 Kessil AP700
Skimmer: SRO-5000 10"
Return: RO Varios-6
Flow: 1 Vortech MP60, & Tunze 6105
Neptune APEX, Full
Kalk added to ATO maintains 9.5 dKH, 430 Cal
Two part equipment auto dosing ready when needed, for now Kalk dose all I need.
100 gallon sump
40 gallon cheato refugium
Much more stuff

I have 5 tangs and other fish.

About 60 corals, SPS all types, LPS acans, hammers.

I Maxima Clam
IMG_2797.JPG

My corals are doing well. Growth and coral are all outstanding. My goal for this tank is to be acro dominated and everywhere.

I try to keep my parameters stable and so far have been able to keep them rock solid!
NO3- 2-3ppm
PO4- .03-.02 ULR Hanna

Once I got my low pH problem licked I've seen huge growth from almost every coral and the others have some growth.

I feel like I'm going in the right direction and could use some tips from any pros out there.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back