I have questions about a blue throat trigger

new2this

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased two fish from blue zoo....(Most beautiful specimens of each I have ever seen)...did the acclamation worked good...the wrasse I got to kill a flatworm problem...and to save on shipping and it was on sale got a triggerfish...he was active during acclamation...but as soon as I put him in the tank he went in a hole and triggered (I looked it up and it said thats how it got the name)...but it's just been perched on the rocks only making an appearance for a few seconds and going back in...do they sleep? Is that how they sleep? How long until I should worry? It's approx 36 hrs in tank

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one when I first started. I got a male by himself. He hid in a hole in the side of one of my rocks and rarely came out. He would come out eat, and go right back and hide. It took about 3-4 weeks before he would not dart away every time I walked near the tank. Unfortunately, I lost him in my battle with ich (and I think he got velvet as well).
After talking with LFS, they said that the females are much less shy or that a pair will also make them much more social. I have a 120, which isn't near big enough for a pair (probably shouldn't have had the first one, but didn't know better then).
Anyway - from my experience they are pretty shy, so female or pair him up with a female to make him more social.

Good luck! I will follow - interested to see how he does! Please update! :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, they're often a shy fish taking weeks sometimes to start to become more bold and trusting.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back