I just realized my reef is 44 years old this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all of my gorgonians are photosynthetic. Non Photosynthetic are very hard to take care of long term and I like my stuff to live forever.

Last edited:

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still my favorite tank out there. I'm starting to get into some gorgonians myself. Any you suggest as being easier to keep over any other. Or just any photosynthetic kind will be just as good?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is easy. The thicker, brown ones are the easiest to take care of by far. This one is an encrusting gorgonian and is years old and grows fast with no care.

This one to the right is the easiest to care for and I have some probably 15 or more years old. Very hard to kill.

The one to the left is a "slimmer" gorg and I just seen them growing like weeds all over the Dominican Republic. I fraged them all over the place and the ones that fell to the bottom are still growing.

The large one on the right is a slimmer and I had to trim it because it grew out of the water.

Stay away from any color besides brown, no yellow, blue, red etc. Also very skinny gorgonians are much more difficult.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thin purple gorgonian pictured is an exception as I have a piece of that for a few years so far. But generally the browns are easier.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes all the red stuff is sponge

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is easy. The thicker, brown ones are the easiest to take care of by far. This one is an encrusting gorgonian and is years old and grows fast with no care.

This one to the right is the easiest to care for and I have some probably 15 or more years old. Very hard to kill.

The one to the left is a "slimmer" gorg and I just seen them growing like weeds all over the Dominican Republic. I fraged them all over the place and the ones that fell to the bottom are still growing.

The large one on the right is a slimmer and I had to trim it because it grew out of the water.

Stay away from any color besides brown, no yellow, blue, red etc. Also very skinny gorgonians are much more difficult.
Absolutely gorgeous, Paul. I'm loving the Anthias! That's a male Lyretail, right?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is a Male Lyretail . I like the queen anthias better because it is much harder to care for.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But my absolute favorite is my clingfish. His colors just pop out at you. :rolleyes:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back