ICH sadly

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all your help the hippo tang, and dogface puffer aren't that big. I would say the hippo tang is maybe 4-5 inches long, and the dogface is more like 3-4. The hippo tang did take a bite out of the flakes today. That is all i have in terms of food. If there is anything else that I should try feeding them I will try it out if anyone has recommendations. Thanks again.

And Nori (seaweed) for the tang

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Nori (seaweed) for the tang
Yes Nori, was in a hurry to work..lol also, @melypr1985, does anyone know the effects of copper to brine shrimp?I'm assuming it would kill them... but not sure, if it helps, if you are just trying to get a fish to eat in quarantine before meds...I would highly reccomend brine shrimp. I use it for mine...easy to hatch (and I mean easier than what youtube tells you) I've hatched new batches of brine shrimp for the past 4 nights....my fish love them.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Nori, was in a hurry to work..lol also, @melypr1985, does anyone know the effects of copper to brine shrimp?I'm assuming it would kill them... but not sure, if it helps, if you are just trying to get a fish to eat in quarantine before meds...I would highly reccomend brine shrimp. I use it for mine...easy to hatch (and I mean easier than what youtube tells you) I've hatched new batches of brine shrimp for the past 4 nights....my fish love them.

They would die for sure, but they might move around a bit before they do which would attract attention and maybe even stir an appetite or two thus dying for a good cause.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would die for sure, but they might move around a bit before they do which would attract attention and maybe even stir an appetite or two thus dying for a good cause.
Exactly my thinking...eggs are around 5 or 6 bucks a vial. Amd all you need is a air pump and air line....amd then a container for the eggs to hatch in....all I've used is 2 1 liter pop bottles cut a majority of the top off of one and a majority of the bottom of one, drill a hole in the cap of the top half and a hole in the stowe of the bottom for the tubing to go through. I just super glued around the line in through the cap so it doesn't leak...
20170113_210921.jpeg

This is my setup amd have successfully hatched 4 batches now tonight I will be feeding the qt with them....the vials last a decent amount of time because you only put a very small amount in every time since the eggs are so small

dnyceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to do the tank transfer method but I am away all day, also I don't understand if you need to have equipment for each tank seperate then why is it you need to catch the fish and dump them into the new tank. Wouldn't the water from the old tank be transferred over even if you were using a net. Plus I don't really have the funds to buy a new 10 gallon tank, and buy all new equipment I wish I did.
I use 2 plastic clothing bins from Walmart or Target

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back