ich

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive moved all my fish from my frag tank,i have them in hospital tank treating them with copper,how long does the ich cycle last in a system?is there anything that i can do?When can fish go back into the tank?questions i would like anyone to help answer thx RJ

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
display is fine its my frag setup the fish in there ended up getting ich had a heat problem ended up stressing them and got the ich bug,thx for the advise.

jackTheReefer

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can increase the temp to 84 degrees and it will speed up the ich life cycle. however, i would still leave the frag tank fishless for 4 weeks.

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the size of your tank and what kind of fish. Ich will always be there. A large tank is easier to deal with. They say 6-8 weeks but if you fish stress when you put them back good luck.Sometimes better off to ride it out feeding pellets w/ garlic. and doing water changes but dont stir up your sand bed too much that will cause an outbreak.
display is fine its my frag setup the fish in there ended up getting ich had a heat problem ended up stressing them and got the ich bug,thx for the advise.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the size of your tank and what kind of fish. Ich will always be there. A large tank is easier to deal with. They say 6-8 weeks but if you fish stress when you put them back good luck.Sometimes better off to ride it out feeding pellets w/ garlic. and doing water changes but dont stir up your sand bed too much that will cause an outbreak.
This is incorrect. If the ich parasite doesn't have a host it will not be in the tank. It doesn't live on rocks, inverts, sand or anything else; only fish. As long as the fish do not have ich, and you wait the 8 weeks, there is no chance that there will be another ich outbreak.

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my frag tanks,40 long and a 20 long both plumbed together sharing a sump/fuge,no sand bed bare bottom.Wouldnt turning the heat that high effect the corals and frags i have in there i run a constant temp of 78 or real close to there except for recently lol,when i had the heater prob

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 40 and a 20 is 60 gal? It it key to know what kind of fish and how many with that low water volume.Too many tangs or a powder blue or powder brown is always going to be a challenge.
These are my frag tanks,40 long and a 20 long both plumbed together sharing a sump/fuge,no sand bed bare bottom.Wouldnt turning the heat that high effect the corals and frags i have in there i run a constant temp of 78 or real close to there except for recently lol,when i had the heater prob

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 other question can a hospital tank,that has copper in it be also used as a QT tank for fish.that will be after the treatment of the fish that have ich i would empty and sterilize it,thats all it would be used for.I would use established water from main DT.

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well its a whipfin wrasse he was getting picked on in the DT badly so bad i caught it easily with 400+ of LR i had to move it into the 20 long normally there isnt anything in it there in the 40,a small scopas tang when it gets bigger was moving it to the 180,small hawkfish and 2 chromis in the 40 long

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but no rocks they the copper soaks in .The silocon also aborbs the copper so tank can be a danger to a reef in future. Snails are a good tester .
1 other question can a hospital tank,that has copper in it be also used as a QT tank for fish.that will be after the treatment of the fish that have ich i would empty and sterilize it,thats all it would be used for.I would use established water from main DT.

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would only use it as a QT later nothing else only thing in it now is large peices of pvc for fish to hide in and that is it basically all id use in it and use it for is QT later,would that be ok?

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what a QT is for. To treat sick fish.
i would only use it as a QT later nothing else only thing in it now is large peices of pvc for fish to hide in and that is it basically all id use in it and use it for is QT later,would that be ok?

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool, i was also talking about new fish even though its going to be awhile before i get more want to get the problem at hand cleared up first.

Cuda

Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to avoid live food and use pellets , don't overfeed and pick up some garlic extreme. Learn to do the best you can and don't sweat the small stuff.
cool, i was also talking about new fish even though its going to be awhile before i get more want to get the problem at hand cleared up first.

OP
OP
seascape

seascape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have garlic exteme i always use that with food,i also have marine-c i use and omega amino all i use evertime on food,im using pellet and flake for fodd in QT oh and also cyclops pellets to,and by the way whats your real name im RJ appreciate the help.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back