I'm bored, let's see your reefs.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tank. Need new lights but just started to convert a fish only to a reef. The tank was moved after it was left alone for a few months by the guy before me so I lost the 3 fish he had in it. It cycled and is now going strong again.

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

OP
OP
cameronh

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tank. Need new lights but just started to convert a fish only to a reef. The tank was moved after it was left alone for a few months by the guy before me so I lost the 3 fish he had in it. It cycled and is now going strong again.

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG
Nice! Aslo, welcome to R2R!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is so long that we can post photos of the same tank, one year after down the track and they will be totally different tanks.
31971038912_ae5ae6dfc8_c.jpg

Yes true and nice reef!

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wishing my bta would look like this when I saw these pics! Idk what it is I can't seem to get them to thrive like that

Takes a lot of patience!!! and the number one thing is STABILITY... take it from me in not proud of it but I've lost a couple of really nice specimens over the years, due to over feeding and impatientce. And that's just on the human side as in my errors.

Mechanicaly I finally decided to go against everything I had been doing prior to my success.
1. The most important for me was Automatic top off, RBTA hate salinity swing and I mean HATE them IMO.
2. I stoped feeding and target feeding my RBTA altogether, letting it grab food on its own.
3. I made sure before intruducing a pair of clownfish that the RBTA found a spot where it was happy and feeding on its own.
4. After doing this for about 2 months I introduced a pair of clowns that was much smaller than the anemone to start.

I have had clownfish host a nem to death a couple of times stressing them out.

5. Keeping perameriters and feeding habits and lights all on a set schedule. However feeding not so important.
6. FLOW!!! I upgrading to an eco drift to stimulate natural wave patterns!!! All my corals responed tremendously.
7. Watch for phosphate! I run a phosban reactor 150 on my 75g
8. Make sure your tank is established and ready for an anemone!
9. As mentioned early lighting is very important! a decent LED or T5HO will do.

After doing all this I have been very successful and happy with keeping anemones as I now have 3! My Bali rose is fully bubbled constantly next to my black rose which is hosting my clowns! Trying out a GBTA now so far so good!

Hope this helps!!! ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back