Imposter zoas

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree they aren't what they say they are, but what is in a name? buyer beware.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what I think is even sadder about that is that the poor schmo who buy them will probably eventually try to trade them and call them PE's and will in turn hurt HIS reputation off this seller's mistake.

:( Very sad
Laurie

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
You know what I think is even sadder about that is that the poor schmo who buy them will probably eventually try to trade them and call them PE's and will in turn hurt HIS reputation off this seller's mistake.

:( Very sad
Laurie

I agree. It makes the wrong person look bad.

zoolover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefKingdom.com

Wow, are you guys hobbyists or critics? I wonder if you all are interested in the truth or if you're just interested in making a great company look bad. I have had many dealings with Brandon at ReefKingdom.com and found him to be the most honest and pleasant person in the hobby to do business with. Also, all the zoas I've received from them were true to the colors in the pictures. By the way, has anyone checked on ZoaID for pics of PPEs? I have, and they don't look half as good as the PPEs on ReefKingdom. I just called Brandon to check on these zoos, and he said that they are true PPE's and that they didn't get the greatest picture of them. They're going to post a new pic that shows the green mouths better. Anyone interested in having an awesome online experience, visit ReefKingdom.com!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that's a great first post there zoolover. First I will warn you about coming on here and being overtly critical of people you don't know. Those polyps pictures are not true PPE I don't care if you know him, live with him or not. The fact still remains they are not PPE. That picture if a real PPE would be great to show the green mouth which if you look at every polyp in the picture it is missing. I will advise you that if you plan on posting here in this forum and being a member of this community you dial back your hostilities of peoples opinions, especially ones you do not know and are a new member of. This will only lead to a difficult time for you. Thank you for your opinion.

James

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: ReefKingdom.com

zoolover said:
Wow, are you guys hobbyists or critics? I wonder if you all are interested in the truth or if you're just interested in making a great company look bad. I have had many dealings with Brandon at ReefKingdom.com and found him to be the most honest and pleasant person in the hobby to do business with. Also, all the zoas I've received from them were true to the colors in the pictures. By the way, has anyone checked on ZoaID for pics of PPEs? I have, and they don't look half as good as the PPEs on ReefKingdom. I just called Brandon to check on these zoos, and he said that they are true PPE's and that they didn't get the greatest picture of them. They're going to post a new pic that shows the green mouths better. Anyone interested in having an awesome online experience, visit ReefKingdom.com!

yes, we are both. as this is what the site is intended for, for open discussion of ALL commercial sites and interests pertaining to the hobby. and if someone feels a commercial business is misleading customers, and they want to warn other hobbyists about it, more power to them. this also includes people selling/trading on other forums, and on ebay.

if you have a problem with it, i can easily rectify this situation. i suggest toning down your comments in the future.

BTW....that is the same site pazaaz got his "volcano palys" aka lunar eclipse palys. last time they were being sold on there they were for $100/polyp. :roll:

i think their history, plus this....pretty much shows what kind of business they are...buyers beware....

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: ReefKingdom.com

zoolover said:

Wow... that in and of itself makes me not ever want to go to that site for business... :shock: I certainly hope that person posting was in no way connected to that business... you know? Weird, the one post thing. No, wait.. I wouldn't buy anywhere that charges that much per polyp anyway because it's taking terrible advantage of the market. Plus, if the zoas he sent were true to the colors in that pic, I have to agree they are not people eaters and I would be MAD after paying that much for what I thought were going to be people eaters!! No neon green slit mouth=not a PE. Plus, exactly how is he going to take a better pic of the green slit mouth? I mean, I've seen some BAD pics of PE where stuff was washed out, and you could still see a hint of shadow on the mouth.... like those purple people eaters that guy posted asking about on RC the other day... really bad pic, bad light, but you could still see the mouth. I'd be afraid the second pic would be Photoshopped.

Hey surfn, you shoulda said..."Hey! You there! No zoas for you! One year!!" :lol: It was perfect for your avatar.... =;

:roll:
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa Id rocks!! Especially the Asterina Pink pic ::swoons::

:lol:
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, I have to be civilized to post here?

Hmmm, that might be a problem... not sure I made the civilized list this year... :giggle:

:D
Laurie

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look more like Joker Palys than PPEs. Pretty heavy actinic pic for sure. If they were PPEs, the green mouth should have really stood out under that much actinic.

Also, the only 'True PPEs' would have to come from Blane himself, or someone that purchased from him, and I doubt either would get off a colony that big. A truer statement would be 'PPE Style' palys, IMO.

Raskal311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty obvious that those are not bad pictures and was taken under heavy actinic. PPE is green and purple not neon green and neon blue.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raskal, I just want to tell you that I LOVE :love10: your avatar... Those are gorgeous.

My daughter is watching PeeWee's Big Adventure, and she goes "Well. Mom, why don't you just MARRY the zoas???" :lol:

Laurie

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
My daughter is watching PeeWee's Big Adventure, and she goes "Well. Mom, why don't you just MARRY the zoas???" :lol:

Laurie

That was hilarious, I almost fell out of my chair.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would agree that those look like the joker palys, the fact that he is trying to get 40 per polyp when he doesnt' even know his own product is enough to make me never want to buy something from him. I can accept high prices if the person knows what they are talking about, but when they clearly are riding the market wave, I stay away.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jonbar1 said:
Their Alien Eyes don't look like the ones I'm used to either...

Jon

HAHAHAHAHA reefkingdom has officially made it to the club-zoa blacklist. those "alien eyes" are freakin rock anemones!! ahahahaha

with that said, those are cool rock anemones. i have been looking for them. but i wouldnt pay more than $1/polyp b/c they are considered a pest.

just like tulip anemones and majanos are considered pests, but some people will pay for them, just not much.

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as the other naming miscues. i dont see that as a big deal. i mean, whats in a name anyways? reefermadness has been naming their stuff forever. same with atlantis.

so if this place doesnt follow the defacto naming scheme used by us, and ZoaID....i dont see that really as a big deal. they can make up whatever names they want to.

their destroyer palys, are in fact just lunar eclipse. again, not a big deal that the name is different. but at $20/polyp....HA!

the big problem i have, is trying to make money off of a pest anemone, by calling it a zoa. and by trying to make money off of some random zoa by calling it a PPE paly. these are even the right species of corals. i have a big problem with that.

i think its pretty safe to declare this place the most overated, and overpriced place on the internet for zoas. much worse than ebay.

Back