In need of help

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Glad to have you here:)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drilling does seem a little overwhelming your first time, but it really isn't that difficult. Just make sure it's not tempered glass.

I found it easier to make a template out of wood and use that to help keep the drill in place when you're getting started. Just go slow and don't apply pressure to the drill. Basically let the weight of the drill do the work. Keep it wet, go slow, and you'll be fine. Put a towel under the area you are drilling to catch the glass once you get through it. Like everything else in this silly hobby, patience is king.

OP
OP
Larry adams

Larry adams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drilling does seem a little overwhelming your first time, but it really isn't that difficult. Just make sure it's not tempered glass.

I found it easier to make a template out of wood and use that to help keep the drill in place when you're getting started. Just go slow and don't apply pressure to the drill. Basically let the weight of the drill do the work. Keep it wet, go slow, and you'll be fine. Put a towel under the area you are drilling to catch the glass once you get through it. Like everything else in this silly hobby, patience is king.
Thank you. Amazingly , i have learned patience over time,lol. I do appreciate the response. I have posted a pic of the tank and how it is now. The glass has a sort of green tint to it. So i am not sure. But it might be tempered.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Larry Stewart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with completing your project. I wish you all the best. Please do keep us all informed of your progress. Peace.

- Larry

OP
OP
Larry adams

Larry adams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, i know it has been a minute since i have posted anything. I haven't done anything with the 90 gallon. Why?????
I came upon a 220 gallon. Already drilled, with stand for $300. Words cant explain how happy i am. To have come upon my dream tank... The last owner said that there is a small leak in the front. So I'm gonna go over the whole tank with a fresh sealant. Almost forgot. Came with the canopy as well..

Back