OP
R

Renegade Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright here's some more recent pictures of the front wall done to show the bow of the tank. The other way looked to boxed in and noone could ever tell it was a bowfont until they walked right up too it or was standing directly in front of it.
Just so you know that achilles is about 8" but the picture don't really show it because of the size of the tank.
DSC03231-Copy.jpg

DSC03227-Copy.jpg

DSC03225.jpg

Behind the scenes, please don't mind some of the mess.
DSC03232-Copy.jpg

OP
OP
R

Renegade Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now a huge disappointment I got home today and turned the lights on to only notice my achilles has ich, I was like you have to be kidding me!!!! The funny this was I was told a few weeks ago when I decided to up the salinity so I could add corals is that achilles don't do well in higher levels of salt. I should have just listened and kept it a fowlr.
The way I feel right now is it's time. Time to get out of this hobby, it feels more like a second job and too much stress dealing with it.
Problem is is I think I'm too far into it to quit now. Not sure which direction to go????
If I decide to keep it I'm going to have to medicate this whole tank and get rid of any corals and keep the salinity down low enough like it used to be and just be happy with what I had if I want to keep it at all. Or get one of those huge rubbermaid tubs and put the fish in those unitl there is no more ich in the display.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I know how you feel! Don't get discouraged though! Treat the tank, get all your corals out first, move the salinity back to where it was before and go much slower bringing it back up.

korndogg091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a awsome setup. if you were happy with it the way it was then keep it that way because it looks awsome. A reef has allot more upkeep and equipment and i think your tank looks ****** the way it is in the pics. see if you can catch the fish with a large net or a fish trap and setup a small quaritine tank or like you said a rubbermaid that you can medicate. would be cheaper then trying to midicate that whole system.

OP
OP
R

Renegade Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm cooled down now to the point I can think again, I found some Rx.p that is supposed to be reef safe but I'm taking all the corals and inverts out just to be safe.
I'm going to bring the salinity down slowly almost to hypo and see what happens, I don't want to loose any of these animals I have worked too hard to just throw it away now.
When I had that achilles in the 125 tank he was healthy as a horse but then again he was the only large fish in there, he ruled it.
Maybe I can get a few up close pictures of the fish in there, the vilimgi tang is now about 18" if not longer and had to be 3" wide, I named him "Hoover" The emperor is about 9"+, and the achilles is about 9"+ too. That clown tang end to end is around 8-9" also with it's streamers.
We'll see how this quest goes for me now. Thanks again for any help everyone.

dj ze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do the clown tang & achilles get along with out any confrontations it could be that he's stresed out with the other tangs i to have an achilles i had 3 before this one they are very sensitve this last one that i have now i had to treat him for ich i did a 10 min freash water bath with a bubble wand in the water also aded quickcure and then treated him with copper safe but i had to dose double the recomendation of copper and it worked out fine also i know a lot of people that use cupramine with great success i wish you good luck because i know how it is to loose one of these beautiful fishes

OP
OP
R

Renegade Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually all the fish get along suprisingly, I might hear the emperor grunting at one of the others cause he a grump but that's it. I moved all the corals to my 40 gallon tank and I'm dropping the salinity to hypo, and treating them with ick-x it's reef safe but I'm not taking a chance on that one. I hope I can find my linkia star fish and get him out I haven't seen him in a few days.
I don't want to add copper either just incase I decide to change this over to a reef tank down the road. But it lools like for now it's going to stay a fowlr.
Thanks for any suggestions and help everyone.

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was your salinity at? I have an achilies at 1.025 S.G. and he happy as can be. A good UV will low flow through it would help a lot in fighting the ich from spreading and reoccurring

dj ze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ich-x is totally reef safe i have used it many times but never saw true results i've seen better results with kick ick which a lot of people also claim it don't work but the best that is also reef safe is protomarin coral it's made in germany u can't buy it at any store it has to be ordered online because shelf life is short.but from experience with 4 achilles already if he gets really bad you have to get him out and treat him with cupramine at the specific level of copper good luck

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, i love the new look of the wall with the lights...it totally makes the tank look awesome...but then again so do the fish...hope you are able to cure the achilles and enjoy him with the corals!!! kepp the updates coming

Back