Income Tax Ballers

Squirrel_reefer

Call me Squirrel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whaddup fellow Reefers!

It's that time of year again, where everyone will be filing their taxes and getting back all the money they loaned the Government this year (interest free btw). I don't know about you but I feel that being responsible is overrated lol, I plan to spend at least a little of my tax money to get a new tank running!

Maybe you have your eye on a special piece of coral, or maybe a new fish. Heck you might even need to upgrade your lighting or filtration... What does everyone plan on picking up this season!? :D

PS- this wasn't meant to exclude anyone, I have previously owed the Gov't tax money for years thanks to a 1099-Misc, just meant to be fun and stir up some talk

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whaddup fellow Reefers!

It's that time of year again, where everyone will be filing their taxes and getting back all the money they loaned the Government this year (interest free btw). I don't know about you but I feel that being responsible is overrated lol, I plan to spend at least a little of my tax money to get a new tank running!

Maybe you have your eye on a special piece of coral, or maybe a new fish. Heck you might even need to upgrade your lighting or filtration... What does everyone plan on picking up this season!? :D

PS- this wasn't meant to exclude anyone, I have previously owed the Gov't tax money for years thanks to a 1099-Misc, just meant to be fun and stir up some talk
Hi squirrel... I work for the tax office .. you will be getting audited this year .. :p

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spend wisely!! Buy more coral!

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not very impressed with the threat ;-); anyone can make that kind of threat....If you work for a tax office, I am expecting a better one......something that involves the key words "IRS"...."black list"...I don't know the language they use :)
Hi squirrel... I work for the tax office .. you will be getting audited this year .. :p

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not very impressed with the threat ;-); anyone can make that kind of threat....If you work for a tax office, I am expecting a better one......something that involves the key words "IRS"...."black list"...I don't know the language they use :)
That's because I'm from holland ... I did realise my mistake but it was too late ... o_O
anyway when I get my money I will be getting another 165 w black box .. if the dutch tax let me have some back .. I guess it depends on how much they must give too Brussels :mad:

NVTE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to break even so I don't have to pay anything AND not lending money with no interest :)

And hope you are not lending to your B who give you generous interest (0.03-1%) and you still have to pay TAX on that gain and turn around charging you 18%-30%Plus interest on credit card. Uncle Sam loves all of us. :)

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My government implemented a carbon tax this year.
I wont be getting anything but another 3-5k of taxes.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bah, no reef stuff this year. I gotta shell out $3,700.00 for a new a/c unit for my house. Thank God the heating unit still works just fine. But I guess it could be considered reef equipment as I need a way to keep my tank cool this summer.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bah, no reef stuff this year. I gotta shell out $3,700.00 for a new a/c unit for my house. Thank God the heating unit still works just fine. But I guess it could be considered reef equipment as I need a way to keep my tank cool this summer.
Its a Shame we cant get a tax write off for our aquariums .. marine enviromentel research or something :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back