Infection in clownfish breeding system!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today all of the fish are looking great. I don't see any signs of infection. I should get the general cure tomorrow. I will treat them when I get it. Should I just do one more dose since I dosed PraziPRO and metro or would you recommend doing the two doses 48 hours apart like the directions say just to be sure?

I space the API GC dosages out over 5-7 days, instead of 48 hrs like the directions say.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, cool. Thanks for all of your help. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a microscope I could use if I need to.

I'd appreciate seeing pics or at least hearing about it if you decide you have time and the occasion again.

The big question is where did it come from?

If anything new has come in, even to another system nearby, then that (a new vector) would be the obvious smoking gun.

Otherwise, you have to consider that it was already present...which leads us to...

I would think if it was in the system that long it would have shown up before now.

In which case you have to be thinking about compromised immunity – what led the fish to become susceptible where they were not before?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back