Introducing a 3rd clown.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's best to do 1 at a time but I'm on like my 6 th male she won't full accept and won't pump fake. While his bag was in he water b4 I QT with a watch change she was going nuts. Also he is a mocha not misbar. And new is a snowflake both are the same size and she is well 2 inches. Should I do a rescape and intoduce he 3 and see what happens. Help me. I want he 2 take 2 the snowflake now. Got it for 32 bones

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was hard to understand...
you have a single (presumably) female in your tank and you want to introduce 2 additional smaller clowns to her?

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was hard to understand...
you have a single (presumably) female in your tank and you want to introduce 2 additional smaller clowns to her?

Assuming the above it correct....

I would forgo the third clown, and spend the money on an acclimation box instead. Leave the male in there for at least a week to see if the female becomes less aggressive towards it.

OP
OP
Sir Chris

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I pulled the female and the mocha is still in with the flake. There getting along already and the mocha seems 2 b taking the female role. At least its dominant. Sorry for the gag post. I was freakn adi don't wanna lose the female I've had for 2 years now. But she's in a QT tank for now. She's staying a female. It's a 1 way road

futureinterest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely just need to get an acclimation box. Put the new clown in there and don't release until everyone has chilled out.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back