Is 7 LED lights enough to keep a zoanthid?

Riley Pasha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically I have one zoanthid that is pretty close to the top of the tank and lights. It is my first coral and I heard it was pretty hardy and did not require much light (which is good). I am currently using the base lights that came with my tank kit (7 sets of LED's that look like they have 3 mini bulbs in each set so like 21 lights? Is that going to be enough for the zoanthid to thrive or will I need to get a light upgrade asap?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing the wattage or brand of the LED, there is no way to tell if it is enough.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.petsmart.com/fish/suppli...n-29-gallon-aquarium-starter-kit-5003270.html

theres a link to the tank I got, can't find what kind of LED or wattage :/
The stock lights that come with those tanks won't grow coral. You could always start with fish and then shoo around for lights strong enough for coral. On a tank that size, most people would use LEDs or t-5's. I'd read the reviews on lights at sites like bulk reef supply to see what would work best for you. Good luck!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back