Is Myfrags Flaming Krak Paly a Krakatoa?

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw the pic of myfrags Flaming Krak Paly, can't help myself to wonder if they are the same paly. Krakatoa proud owners, please kindly verify this.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. They look more like the mauls that have green skirts. One of the nicer maul variants, but it's been around. Just renamed for hype. And the pic might make them look a bit brighter, but last I checked shadows aren't supposed to be purple.

MyFrags Flaming Krak Paly:
Photo removed

I just googled "Darth Maul zoa" And coral collection's pic shows the same but they just call them darth mauls.
Darth_maul.jpg

Krakatoa resembles Spackled Mauls the most, which have that large green portion on the face. Seems like the difference between the two is that krakatoa has defined lines vs the random speckling of the spackleds.

Krakatoa:
8590-1.jpg

Spackled Mauls:
jumbopolyps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with Darwin that the Krak paly is renamed for hype.If you google Freddy Krueger zoa,a picture comes up from Mr.corals that is exactly the same as the Krak paly too

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me they look different. Will have the krakatoa soon so will let you know

Congratulations!!! Please kindly take a top down pic on this cool paly.

I saw the pic that Duke posted, it was a side view so I could not really tell how it really looks. Maybe Duke can take a top down pic for everyone. I was not sure if the polyps in Joe's pic were still juveniles, but I did notice the red ring in one of the polyps was thicker, but maybe it was at the different angle.

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with Darwin that the Krak paly is renamed for hype.If you google Freddy Krueger zoa,a picture comes up from Mr.corals that is exactly the same as the Krak paly too

Freddy Krueger???

Last edited:

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. They look more like the mauls that have green skirts. One of the nicer maul variants, but it's been around. Just renamed for hype. And the pic might make them look a bit brighter, but last I checked shadows aren't supposed to be purple.

MyFrags Flaming Krak Paly:

I just googled "Darth Maul zoa" And coral collection's pic shows the same but they just call them darth mauls.

Krakatoa resembles Spackled Mauls the most, which have that large green portion on the face. Seems like the difference between the two is that krakatoa has defined lines vs the random speckling of the spackleds.

Krakatoa:
8590-1.jpg

Spackled Mauls:
jumbopolyps.jpg
lol. Great picture with the money next to it.

terminallance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So instead of $50 pp for the Freddy Krueger we see $100+ pp for the krak which is identical? I don't get this hobby sometimes!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So instead of $50 pp for the Freddy Krueger we see $100+ pp for the krak which is identical? I don't get this hobby sometimes!

In this hobby everythin has 20 names at least lol. You would be surprised to see how many times I've found a polyp that was sold as the new hottest 200pp thing for 10-20 somewhere else just by doing a bit of research. Can't wait for a $10 krak lol.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back