Is Myfrags Flaming Krak Paly a Krakatoa?

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K8RBmOh.jpg

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second highest bidder is always beat, only by the bid increment amount...If the bid increment is $1.00, the second highest bidder will always be beat...by $1.00...

Right now because the amount is so I high it is going up in $10 increments...

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come you don't make a tank thread I would love to see all your stuff.

Oh no, that will invite even more haters lol. I already got a stalker following me around here in this forum, don't need 1000 more hahahaha.

Last edited:

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will this be a record as far as most valuable paly in the hobby? Right now bid is at approximately, $390 per polyp! I can't say that I remember a paly ever reaching this value. Talk about high demand!

I agree in 16 years in this hobby I have never see a paly go this high!

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sucks is an eBay auction is setting a retail price.

Actually the pieces bought off of eBay typically sell on here for about double to three times what the bidder pays for them.

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the pieces bought off of eBay typically sell on here for about double to three times what the bidder pays for them.

I was talking about this particular paly. If you pay $20 and sell for $60 that is rough but not killer. But I think you missed the point

MoeManTheSnowMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny to me how the "hype game" works. I used to breed dogs & this is no different, as far as all the hype goes. Is this a nice piece of coral, yes. Is it worth $1000 per polyp, no!

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny to me how the "hype game" works. I used to breed dogs & this is no different, as far as all the hype goes. Is this a nice piece of coral, yes. Is it worth $1000 per polyp, no!

This is the way that I see it. If I like it and it is within my budget, then I buy. If I like it but can't afford, then I just look at the pic and hope that its price will go down eventually. There is always someone out there who can afford when I can't, always remember that. Krakatoa is a good example. Only a few polyps are being released, and there is so many people out there want it and willing to pay that kind of price. I wont bad mouth and get bitter about it just because i cant get it. This is a free market, people pay whatever they think is right and justified for them. Will I pay 1000pp? Never. Will someone out there pay 1000pp? Very likely. Imagine there is 10 collectors are bidding on that Krak frag at eBay currently, I am sure it will hit and exceed 1000 pretty soon.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thing is growing fast..... The baby that you can't really see on the other side is almost the size of the mother polyp now..... Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic...LOL... Not bad for a couple of weeks.... Seems to be hardy and a fast grower. The other picture was taken on 7/15/13 and this was taken 7/25/13.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quick growth!

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thing is growing fast..... The baby that you can't really see on the other side is almost the size of the mother polyp now..... Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic...LOL... Not bad for a couple of weeks.... Seems to be hardy and a fast grower. The other picture was taken on 7/15/13 and this was taken 7/25/13.

Nice!!! I want em bad.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back