Is Radion xrw15w gen 3 enough light for Lagoon 25?

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some radion gen 3 xr15ws for $250 used for about a year and was wondering if one would be enough spread over a lagoon 25? Please if there is any input. Right now I have a hydra 26 over it but I want to move that over to my 135.

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found some radion gen 3 xr15ws for $250 used for about a year and was wondering if one would be enough spread over a lagoon 25? Please if there is any input. Right now I have a hydra 26 over it but I want to move that over to my 135.
I'd say it'd be enough, especially if it's a pro. Using the mount? I'm not too familiar with the prior gen's but I think you can add the TIR lens for better spread. Given the shallow depth, you don't need much penetration. What do you plan on keeping?

I have a gen 4 xr15 pro on my reefer 170 using the mount & it's great so far. The 170 is the same length & depth it looks like.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it'd be enough, especially if it's a pro. Using the mount? I'm not too familiar with the prior gen's but I think you can add the TIR lens for better spread. Given the shallow depth, you don't need much penetration. What do you plan on keeping?

I have a gen 4 xr15 pro on my reefer 170 using the mount & it's great so far. The 170 is the same length & depth it looks like.

Mostly lps and mushrooms and zoas. A few montis. I had a ai prime hd for one day and I didn't like it because it shadowed. I also had a kessil a160we and it seemed to cover the tank just didn't seem to grow too well. Now I have a hydra 26 and it looks amazing but I need the hydra 26 for my 135. This may help.
IMG_2260.JPG

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. The radion is more comparable to the hydra26. The AI prime is in it's own class (awesome light but doesn't have same coverage). So I think you'd be happy with it, especially with the coral stocking & shallow depth.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price might just go with the radion. I mean it has a wider lense as well and I covered my hand over one puck of the hydra 26 and it didn't seam to make a whole lot of difference and the radions puck is larger.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back