0   0   0
1487256064655.jpeg

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't look completely gone. Set him lower down, and with some direct light, and feeeeeeeeeed

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree-feed. The "hurt" ones that I get, I feed reef roids 4x a week and within a few weeks all is well.
I dont think hes a for sure goner.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. It is still alive. Just do like the others have stated and feed and move to another area.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No coral is ever a goner unless its covered in algea i have had "dead" corals sit in my tank for months and suddenly come back to life
Agreed change location
Feeding reef frenzy

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can order them on amazon. Mine doesn't carry them either. They say "it's over priced spectrum pellets" which is soooo not true lol

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
isn't the added nutrients bad?
added nutrients?
if you spot feed, very little will go to waste. Youll want to turn off all powerheads/water movement in the display before you target feed with reef roids. Almost all food will go where you put it.
I make a 5ml tank water to 3 or 4 scoops of reef roid solution in a small container. I have 1 ml pipets that I use to suck up the water/roid mix and place it directly on top of each head.
Even if you had 50% waste from doing it this way, it wouldnt affect the tank that much. Ive done target and broadcast feed this way-never saw any spike in nutrients.

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
added nutrients?
if you spot feed, very little will go to waste. Youll want to turn off all powerheads/water movement in the display before you target feed with reef roids. Almost all food will go where you put it.
I make a 5ml tank water to 3 or 4 scoops of reef roid solution in a small container. I have 1 ml pipets that I use to suck up the water/roid mix and place it directly on top of each head.
Even if you had 50% waste from doing it this way, it wouldnt affect the tank that much. Ive done target and broadcast feed this way-never saw any spike in nutrients.
That's typically what I do. Sometimes I just put in reef frenzy and let it stir around though instead of reef roids. Ive just never been a huge fan of reef roids haha I dunno why

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I think theyre a great tool for getting hard to feed coral to eat. I dont feed them that all the time, only small heads or ones that wont eat.
I used to feed my fish reef frenzy. Im trying out feeding the acans fish eggs along with fish lol so far everyone is loving them. Especially the scoly haha

Back