It's my one year anniversary!

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, made it past the one year hump! No major catastrophes, a few ups and downs. The learning curve in this hobby is a steep one but but it has been the most fun and family involved hobby I've ever had. Not to mention one of the most expensive lol.
Anyway just wanted to say thank you to rev for R2R and, everyone on this forum for all the help and future help! Most of the credit for my success belongs to this forum!
Here's a pic of when I started
2016-01-24-15-30-00.jpg
and here's one from today.
2017-01-11-16-32-42.jpg
one year!!!!

Jmblec2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what setting and what level of speed do you have your gyros at? Also how high is your light off the water and what are your tank dimensions? How did you seed your tank when you first started?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations, your tank looks awesome:)

Annabellam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful set up there, i love it. Congratulations on your first year anniversary. Just getting started and have a lot to learn.

OP
OP
Lonny

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what setting and what level of speed do you have your gyros at? Also how high is your light off the water and what are your tank dimensions? How did you seed your tank when you first started?
Sorry been out of the loop for awhile, life ya know? The gyers are the second gen 250's and are set at 40%. I set them higher when I really want to stir the tank up. I started with dead pukani that I cured for six weeks in brute cans and seeded the tank with bio spira. The light is an ati power dimmable, 48" and eight bulbs. I would not buy another dimmable though. Dimming shortens the life of the bulb plus I had problems while dimming where two bulbs wouldn't light. Contacted ati and they said that happens when dimming sometimes. Thanks for the response! Oh and the gyers are set on the pre programmed oceanic gyer mode. Edit: tank dimensions are 60"x 24"x 24"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lonny

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops missed the height question. Lights are 10" off the water. Six ati blue plus bulbs, one purple+, one coral+

OP
OP
Lonny

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful set up there, i love it. Congratulations on your first year anniversary. Just getting started and have a lot to learn.
It's the steepest learning curve of any hobby I've had. It's also been the most rewarding! Good luck keep us posted with lots of pics!

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hahahaha saw the title and your first pic. Immediately though "it's not a hard hobby if all you put in your tank is rocks." But then I actually read it and saw that was day 1. Awesome tank, really like the aqua scaping.

OP
OP
Lonny

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha saw the title and your first pic. Immediately though "it's not a hard hobby if all you put in your tank is rocks." But then I actually read it and saw that was day 1. Awesome tank, really like the aqua scaping.
Lol, thanks man! Appreciate the feed back.

OP
OP
Lonny

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lonny!
Congratulations with your first anniversary!
Your tank looks so different and fish look very healthy

I wish you to achieve more success and share with us new pictures from the second anniversary
Good Luck:)
-Zhenya
Thank you! This tank has become my third child lol. Super happy with it and the growth of the coral. Now if I can just figure out how to bring out the proper color of each sps!

Jmblec2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses. i know how life can get in the way of the fun stuff. As far as your gyre's do you use just the straight flow setting or do you use the pulse setting ect.?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back