OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Duncans don't seem to mind our ocellaris clowns.
I have a Duncan and they completely ignore it. Picked up a nem but they are ignoring it as well lol. I wonder if it is because they are already attached to the candy canes.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lately I have been overwhelmed with tank work (other peoples) and neglecting the 180. I have so much to do now :eek: Gac and gfo all needs changing out. I nearly missed the ca running out and caught that just in time as well with alk this evening. And after we finally fill my grandsons 29g Saturday it will be the 180's turn, I may even do a double wc a few days apart I just don't want to shock the system.

My big beautiful frogspawn is the only coral that looks miffed over my serious neglect and surprisingly, the acros are fine! The sea hare and urchins are munching away and the hair algae is nearly gone on the bright side :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get it ship shape and get us some photos! :)

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it ship shape and get us some photos! :)
Will do Rev :D My grandson took an interest in the hobby over the summer and is 13 years old. Been getting in trouble, not caring about school and such. We made a deal because he wants a tank very badly. He has to do odd jobs for me, not miss school, do his work and get his grades up and take care of his tank (at my house for now) and learn the Hobby in his spare time (no time for trouble) and he's all for it :)

He learned how to build a 20g sump and how filtration works among several other aspects while building it. The kid is in love with it all! I am painting his canopy today and the plumbing will be glued. Saturday he will learn how to make saltwater properly and fill up his new tank. Then learn some patients as it cycles lol

Other than this, my weekend chore will be the 180... and yes, I'll be posting lots of pictures :D

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Rev :D My grandson took an interest in the hobby over the summer and is 13 years old. Been getting in trouble, not caring about school and such. We made a deal because he wants a tank very badly. He has to do odd jobs for me, not miss school, do his work and get his grades up and take care of his tank (at my house for now) and learn the Hobby in his spare time (no time for trouble) and he's all for it :)

He learned how to build a 20g sump and how filtration works among several other aspects while building it. The kid is in love with it all! I am painting his canopy today and the plumbing will be glued. Saturday he will learn how to make saltwater properly and fill up his new tank. Then learn some patients as it cycles lol

Other than this, my weekend chore will be the 180... and yes, I'll be posting lots of pictures :D

This is great to here, today's landscape makes it very hard for boys to connect, I'm glad you are able to help your grandson find someway to vent and work towards a goal.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great to here, today's landscape makes it very hard for boys to connect, I'm glad you are able to help your grandson find someway to vent and work towards a goal.
Thank you :D This is very true. He is also learning why reading, math and science is important in the world outside of school. He told me today that he's been telling his teachers what he's doing and they've been encouraging him with other fun practical ways to use the knowledge he receives from school. (like they used to do!) lol

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grandson's tank filled and the cycling begins. Now I can work on my tanks lol
19f509009a5fa79f9959c7387d74664f.jpg

Oh yeah, having an issue with the leds and found a great 4 bulb t5 unit for dirt cheap so when it arrives on Thursday it goes on top. Glad I made an open top canopy "just in case" [emoji12]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the 1st 28.5g wc done and changed out both gac and both gfo reactors out. Changing out the media in my reactors is my least favorite thing to do on my tank!!! It is always a struggle :( @revhtree I sure hope you plan to put yours in your fish-room, wish I had one for easy access... I'm jealous :p

Pics tomorrow!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Wish I knew about these when I reconfigured my plumbing and bought a dual brs reactor to pair with 2 tlf phosban reactors that I already had.... [emoji26] May be that I should reconfigure again! I really loathe dealing with the tough to reach and unscrewing of the current ones. I'm going to look into these a bit more, thank you!!!
I finally got the 1st 28.5g wc done and changed out both gac and both gfo reactors out. Changing out the media in my reactors is my least favorite thing to do on my tank!!! It is always a struggle :( @revhtree I sure hope you plan to put yours in your fish-room, wish I had one for easy access... I'm jealous [emoji14]

Pics tomorrow!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well depression #9 is expected to become a tropical storm and they predict that I am directly in its path... ugh. All I am concerned with is power outages of course lol... getting out the gear!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing another 28.5g water change tonight. No3 is still higher than I'd like.

The tropical storm:
I have my durango parked as close to the house as I can get it with 1500w power inverter attached and ready if needed tomorrow. 4 battery bubblers on standby as well just in case... I have 2 large coolers filled with ice and 4- 32g clean trash cans filled with tap water and 1 with Rodi water. Might be overkill but better to be ready for it than not. Since we have well and septic there'll be no water without power (including toilet flushing).

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I got for $80 shipped and includes 4 new ATI bulbs! Retails $289 before replacing bulbs to great ones!
Aquatic Life Light T5 HO 4-Lamp 2-Lunar Aquarium Light, 30-Inch (now I hope fedex doesn't abuse it!)
aquaticlifeT51.jpg
aquaticlifeT52.jpg

Greatest light! I couldn't find it anymore and switched to LEDs.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back