Jackie and Glenns 180g Reef Build

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read the whole thing all 72 pages in the last three days.
It was a fun ride.
Couple questions where is the arch?
Why is ur probe holders in the display?
Couple things I was doubtful of ur scape but it turned out amazing great job.
Sorry about ur orange shoulder tang problem.
Thanks for the great read please update soon as I'm sure I will be in withdrawal

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read the whole thing all 72 pages in the last three days.
It was a fun ride.
Couple questions where is the arch?
Why is ur probe holders in the display?
Couple things I was doubtful of ur scape but it turned out amazing great job.
Sorry about ur orange shoulder tang problem.
Thanks for the great read please update soon as I'm sure I will be in withdrawal
Haha thanks for taking the time to read this whole crazy thread! I haven't logged on in a bit due to building my grandson's tank and rebuilding my 45g corner tank plus a couple of big storms and the usually family stuff.

The arch was temporarily put on the back burner until weather cools down a little and with more time to do it the way I'm envisioning it :)

Why are the probes in the display....
Good question! Lol. I think it's mainly because I can more easily keep an eye on them there plus my sump is already too packed with other things.

Yeah, I miss my orange shoulder a lot :( I'm beginning to consider trading the powder blue off to someone with a much larger tank. I think he's so mean because he's getting larger and the corals are growing in leaving less territory for him to swim. He was also the cause of death for my bicolor fox face a couple of weeks ago. The trick will be in catching him!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a couple of months since I checked in and updated this thread, I do apologize... been dealing with the ha issue to the point of starving my reef. Not sure where the underlying issue is. I tried everything I know including vodka dosing and pulling it out manually. I am consistent with my husbandry, I use rodi with dual di, 0 tds always, don't overfeed etc.... So now I am going to try Vibrant. Just ordered today and hope it will arrive by Friday. I will then post current pics and possibly a video of the tank and keep weekly updates on progress.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw... this all began when I changed my salt to aquaforest bio version salt. Apparently you have to use their version of nopo4 with it when using this version (too late) ... I had since returned to seachem.

Now for a bunch of very sad current pics....

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full views with glass film after less than an hour of cleaning it.
1481653943803.jpg
1481653948383.jpg
1481653967321.jpg
1481653971282.jpg
1481653974872.jpg

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jackie!!!

You have a PM waiting.:)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Jackie! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I had the same issue in my 30g nano (much smaller scale) and ended up hitting it from several angles at once to get rid of the stuff. Kent magnesium, lights out, manual removal, snails, a tiny rabbitfish and finally beat it.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Jackie! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I had the same issue in my 30g nano (much smaller scale) and ended up hitting it from several angles at once to get rid of the stuff. Kent magnesium, lights out, manual removal, snails, a tiny rabbitfish and finally beat it.
Thank you :) We all go through this at least once and some of us twice... Long ago it happened to me because I had just came back into the hobby and used tap water. I didn't know any better lol because way back when I first began that's what we used. I guess I had really good water when I lived in San Antonio, Tx apparently because I never had ha. After moving to Fl and restarting, since I didn't have much coral at the time of the outbreak I was able to soak my rocks overnight in hydrogen peroxide and that killed it. Those rocks are STILL without ha lol. That time was my fault. This time lack of enough knowledge on a new product that I chose to use was the culprit (still my fault).

I tried the foxface and my pbt tortured him to death, I pull all that I can reach and tried kent tech-m but my mg level got way too high and killed off most of the snails, cut feeding down and lowered lights by an hour so far. I am going to try Vibrant since I had ordered it right before Alex ^^^ pm'd me about trying lanthanum chloride. Also because I would need to catch the 4 tangs (near impossible without destroying the reef) and putting them in another tank. I have another tank but it has been in a rebuild process which is not yet complete. So I am going to try Vibrant and pray all the reviews are spot on :D

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :) We all go through this at least once and some of us twice... Long ago it happened to me because I had just came back into the hobby and used tap water. I didn't know any better lol because way back when I first began that's what we used. I guess I had really good water when I lived in San Antonio, Tx apparently because I never had ha. After moving to Fl and restarting, since I didn't have much coral at the time of the outbreak I was able to soak my rocks overnight in hydrogen peroxide and that killed it. Those rocks are STILL without ha lol. That time was my fault. This time lack of enough knowledge on a new product that I chose to use was the culprit (still my fault).

I tried the foxface and my pbt tortured him to death, I pull all that I can reach and tried kent tech-m but my mg level got way too high and killed off most of the snails, cut feeding down and lowered lights by an hour so far. I am going to try Vibrant since I had ordered it right before Alex ^^^ pm'd me about trying lanthanum chloride. Also because I would need to catch the 4 tangs (near impossible without destroying the reef) and putting them in another tank. I have another tank but it has been in a rebuild process which is not yet complete. So I am going to try Vibrant and pray all the reviews are spot on :D

I feel for you! Crossing fingers the Vibrant works for you!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you! Crossing fingers the Vibrant works for you!
Thank you, me too :D If not I will have to wait until the other tank cycles and do as Alex suggested. I need to hook up the return line and ato and it's ready for water (less than an hours work).

Back