Jeabo is taking over

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have an Apex. Thank you for the info. Where did you get the APC and DCI from? I have need reading about Jeabo \ Apex hacks. But the way people have done it there is no variable speed. It would be cool to have it all working.

I bought the apc used and the dci from bulkreefsupply

It basically is a pass thru for the rj11 jack and it then adds in the 24 volt power for the pump.

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I find it amusing that some reefers are even posting when they haven't tried both products.

I own both brands ( 2 mp60 and 2 jebaos) and I can honestly say both get the job done. They both move water efficiently. Vortechs perform awesome, have more options, look way nicer. Jebaos move a lot of water, less option, but less harmful to my wallet. For the price of 1 mp60 I can have 6 jebaos. If you want to compare water movement on price alone then 6 jebaos beat 1 mp60 hands down. (1 mp60= 6 jebao price)

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I don't think they are hand made in the USA, barely anything is anymore. I wouldn't even compare Jaebo to Vortech because they are totally different. Jaebo copied TUNZE and put a Ecotech sounding name on it. Tunze is made in Germany. Plastic is plastic but there are low quality and high quality magnets and amateur and professional soldering and low quality and high quality way of sealing the parts from water damage. Fit and finish, quality of shafts and R&D is what I'm mostly thinking of. Flagrant copying is also immoral and one of the reasons the Chinese own half the US. I for one don't buy into the hype, I try to buy quality products when I can even if it costs a little more. Your tone is extremely defensive so obviously I hit nerve. Jaebo pumps might be a fine cheap pump, but don't think for a second they match the quality of a Vortech or Tunze.

I agreed with your statement whole heartedly. Perhaps for the most part in supporting the R & D by buying Vortech or Tunze so future products would be possible versus going cheap. It's a hard decision for many of us for sure, especially in today economy.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed two sets of RW-8s on my 75 and 120 this week. They replaced one WP-40 on each tank which have run without issue for the past year. Both are now soaking in vinegar and will be kept for backup if needed.
I totally understand why the sell forums here an on RC are flooded with people dumping the expensive MP pumps. I got all 4 RW-8s for less than the price of one MP.
I did try a dc12000 and have since sold it. It worked well, but I could not get a hose to stay attached to the output. After one fountain soaking, it surrendered to my Iwaki which is tried and true with threaded connections.

-g

thesaltysnailer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people love testing out new equipment AKA "early adopters". Some people love to save money at all cost. I can 100% believe that people are buying these.
I wouldn't right now, but in the future after sine success stories or some time has gone by, I would look at them again.

Nothing Wrong With "Early Adopters" Trying New Pumps, Lights, Skimmers ect. Are all pretty harmless if the fail. A doser on the other hand is potentially catastrophic if it fails. I wouldn't risk thousands in live stock to save a few bucks. The 4 channel jaebo is cheaper than the 3 channel bubble mag knock off doser. Doesn't that make u question quality of the jaebo. I agree with you that if they prove to be a worthy doser over time than why not buy them. But I'm not going to use my tank as the test dummy to find out.

Jayellul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing Wrong With "Early Adopters" Trying New Pumps, Lights, Skimmers ect. Are all pretty harmless if the fail. A doser on the other hand is potentially catastrophic if it fails. I wouldn't risk thousands in live stock to save a few bucks. The 4 channel jaebo is cheaper than the 3 channel bubble mag knock off doser. Doesn't that make u question quality of the jaebo. I agree with you that if they prove to be a worthy doser over time than why not buy them. But I'm not going to use my tank as the test dummy to find out.

Whats to question? The costs they save from not having to develop the tech, pretty much zero marketing, not to mention the low margins they would be no doubt accepting with the volume they would sell worldwide.

I think in time the gap will close between the brands as the big players start to accept less ridiculous mark ups and forgo their elite status so people can by products for what they are actually worth.

Just my opinion :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. I made he mistake of cleaning my wp40s. Now they aren't quite as silent as they were but push a ton more water wow. Let me tell you. Two 40s in a 66 gallon tank can definately cause a storm wow!

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. I made he mistake of cleaning my wp40s. Now they aren't quite as silent as they were but push a ton more water wow. Let me tell you. Two 40s in a 66 gallon tank can definately cause a storm wow!

here is some advice. clean them every month . we have a 65G we had 2 wp25s full power wave mode and else mode fully stocked sps.

now we have 2 mp10s. works awesome .

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea.. I know clean them. They weren't really bad at all. I have mine dialed back to 35% in a barebottom tank to keep my plate from flying all over.

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is invented in the states but made over seas due to high taxes and cheap labor cost elsewhere. Even the American iphone says it right on the back cover designed in California but made in China!!

Jayellul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is invented in the states but made over seas due to high taxes and cheap labor cost elsewhere. Even the American iphone says it right on the back cover designed in California but made in China!!

**** EVERYTHING is invented in the states. ******* Americans, sigh...

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record most reefing innovations have come from Europe.

Hands down, the most beneficial,useful & enlightening moment of my reefing experience was my first tank with a Bean overflow, and both Calfo and Bean are American. But I do love Tunze, and the balling method is intriguing..

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EcoTech Spend tons of Money on Reasearch, Development, Marketing, etc.

Unlike Jeboa that just Copies the Hard Work of Others and uses Cheap Labor and Parts in addition to No Quality Control.

Jeboa will just Stop Great Companies like EcoTech and Tunze from Innovating and Making New Products that will Advance the Hobby.

Why Spend Millions of Dollars when another Company will Steal it out from under you.

P.S. Yes, I know Vortechs are Expensive but get a Used One.

New MP-10 - $285.00
Used MP-10 that I just Picked Up - $100.00 (Much Much more Affordable).

Shop around Deals are to be Had.

Couldnt agree more. When I saw Jeabo's knock off of the GHL doser it literally made my stomach turn. Funny thing was the booth I saw it at was right across from the GHL booth. I asked them what they thought about it and they were real classy and didn't speak any ill will but you could tell by the expression on their faces they thought it was a joke.

I have no broblem with people who want to use Jeabo I can see how they make sense for allot of people but I will never buy one and I will never support a company that profits from stealing innovation from others.

Jayellul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down, the most beneficial,useful & enlightening moment of my reefing experience was my first tank with a Bean overflow, and both Calfo and Bean are American. But I do love Tunze, and the balling method is intriguing..

Wow. Just wow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back