Jeabo is taking over

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agreed with your statement whole heartedly. Perhaps for the most part in supporting the R & D by buying Vortech or Tunze so future products would be possible versus going cheap. It's a hard decision for many of us for sure, especially in today economy.

so are you on a mac computer or a windows computer? windows stole its info from mac so does this mean you wont use windows...

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geezer jeez wiz! Everyone getting all uptight about products. As consumers we all benefit from competition. It's in our favor when more companies come out that forces others to invent and lower their prices. If one company monopolized the market consumers will be forced to buy one brand. The more the better.

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geezer jeez wiz! Everyone getting all uptight about products. As consumers we all benefit from competition. It's in our favor when more companies come out that forces others to invent and lower their prices. If one company monopolized the market consumers will be forced to buy one brand. The more the better.

I agree with this, but there is a difference between honest competition within an industry and one company blatantly ripping off another company's designs.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested mostly in the dosing pump. I don't mind paying more if I am getting something for it. I am a huge Fan of Apple, but resent the portrayal of us as stupid sheep willing to pay for status. I've used absolute craaaap windoze devices all my life and I appreciate the better software, reliability, and build quality of Apple and will pay for it gladly. That's how they make lotsa money, not by taking advantage of sheep.

So. Someone with experience please tell me how the 400-500 dollar dosers are better than the 110 jebao. No one makes their own motors, tubing, electronics, etc. they are all sourced and put in a sourced box. Just like a Dell computer. Better soldering? Pretty expensive solder. Like I said I don't mind paying more if I'm getting something for it, but won't do it if I can get the same thing for waaaaay less. That's economics and how the world works.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah and everyone has stolen vast amounts of R&D from Apple, but they don't seem to be in danger of going out of business.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats my point again do u use windows? Or refuse because they stole their info from another company?

Brennen j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I might be a little slow here but I have just seen a Jeabo doser and it is $109 on Amazon. Whats next LED lights? Imagine if Jeabo and someone like Apex got together, Ecotech would be running for their money, I have 2 Jeabo WP40s and I LOVE them. They can do everything but connect to my Apex without hacking them. If Jeabo could connect to the Apex or another controller and give the same functionality as someone like Ecotech then I would have a Jeabo tank. What are your thoughts?

Amazon.com: Jebao DP-4 Dosing Pump - 6 Mo. USA Warranty Included: Everything Else

IMG_3900.JPG

I think that may be what we have here. I posted a thread about this new pump.

Brennen j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PP4 was way too powerful for my cube. Therefore I had to upgrade to a 57 gallon rimless ‍♂️

I grabbed two of these for my 4 foot 50 gallon. Wanted to be able to run them together at a lower speed and use them on a bigger tank in the future. I'm very curious to find out how they will connect to my apex considering there is close to no information online. I started a thread for the jeabo sw-4 and will be posting on there when they come in.

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed two of these for my 4 foot 50 gallon. Wanted to be able to run them together at a lower speed and use them on a bigger tank in the future. I'm very curious to find out how they will connect to my apex considering there is close to no information online. I started a thread for the jeabo sw-4 and will be posting on there when they come in.

I thought the 4's would have been small enough for a smaller tank. But here I am getting a bigger tank lol. Poor me

alexgray1122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I haven't been able to research about the apex controller and jebao yet. My gf threw my apex away....

Brennen j

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been able to research about the apex controller and jebao yet. My gf threw my apex away....

Time for a new gf. Jk. I have my advanced leak detection setup to send a text to my girlfriends phone. But I'm sure she would like if I spent less time on the apex and more time with her.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on picking up 1 or 2 jebao/jecod for my 40B. Which is the better build quality?
PP-4
SW-4
RW-4
I know they are all the same. Just don't know if the SW-4 being the newer has something that makes the other two a thing of the past. Whether it be the wave controller, magnet, cover to block snails from going in, better impeller, better motor, less noise, better noise silencers, wider range of gph, better night sensor, went and made it cheaper at different factory when they name changed, and anything else you can think of that I didn't. Thanks for the help!
Also should I get 1 or 2?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back