!!!JOE KNOWS RAINBOW ACRO!!!! FINALLY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had always been pretty skeptical of this one. Long before I ever knew Joe even, looking at his original pic I'm sure some of us can remember. That one even spent a while as his avatar I believe. Looked amazing for sure with a myriad of polyp color but I wasn't convinced that this was the real thing.

Over the years I never really paid much attention to it either, but I knew it was out there and had seen a few colony pics that caught my attention but again just didn't reel me in. I mean, I have the Ultimate Frags Rainbow and the Vivid Delight, which seemed pretty close enough to me. That kind of brown/green/purple blend with tremendous potential supposedly, but really tough to color up variety...

So a few years ago now, a friend sent me some frags just because he's a pretty swell dude, and this one was included. A pretty underwhelming nub for a long time, I still managed to pay it very little attention.

That was until about a year ago when it had finally started to do something. I could see some color and it was looking pretty nice!

My skepticism slowly waned as the rainbow continued to flourish. Still a nugget of a colony but I can see the potential of this beauty now and I couldn't wait any longer to get him under the lens.

So, a huge thank you to Lester, or "Reggie" as his friends know him for this one. It took some patience but man, this is an amazingly unique acro. And to Joe, excellent find my friend. Polyps are absolutely red for sure and not some juiced up deep brown as I had suspected. I will never doubt you again;).

a0d8661f-ae1e-40dc-8243-39e17aabce49_zpsallpyynh.jpg

76a1346a-9ef5-499c-ae30-c9d59cb5b443_zpsncoh0cag.jpg

b8c19a4c-4089-4a8a-8738-8583b1c8bb9a_zpsh1xzw8qm.jpg

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing !

What lighting was it under when you took those stunning photos?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tiny piece in 3 different tanks and you probly would not guess all 3 are from the same piece. It seems to change color quite a bit in my systems. Seems to be quick to go brown if not happy but colors right back up when things are going good.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a great coral! Love mine. Most recent pic still has a bit of coloring to do!

Nice growth for sure! Looks great in fact. I wish I could tell you the secret to getting red in those polyps but I have no idea what it is lol!

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this the other day from Adam and the frag looks exactly like those pics. Just stunning. Hopefully I can keep the color. The funny part is, that I meant Jose rainbow, but not the least disappointed with the misunderstanding.

Btw, What did you grow it under? T5, led or halide?

Thanks!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this the other day from Adam and the frag looks exactly like those pics. Just stunning. Hopefully I can keep the color. The funny part is, that I meant Jose rainbow, but not the least disappointed with the misunderstanding.

Btw, What did you grow it under? T5, led or halide?

Thanks!
Jose rainbow is beautiful but an incredibly slow grower. Mistake or not, he did you a solid

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I don't hack up my high dolla SPS....unless you have something worth trading for, the purple one don't count lol

FF337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Reggies a good guy. Maybe one day he will post a few pictures of his tank so I don't have to keep going to his house and drool on his floor. :D

reeferman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the props Adam but as many solids as you've done for me over the years,it was the least I could do.blast that baby with even more light and watch even more colors appear.looking great my friend!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 139 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back