Juan's 300+ Gallon Apartment Tank

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that is awesome! Hard to believe the apartment management would allow that. Can't see that happening here. But, a beautiful build and I am looking forward to watching it come alive!

Smiley31-1_zpsnb9tyvga.gif

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that is awesome! Hard to believe the apartment management would allow that. Can't see that happening here. But, a beautiful build and I am looking forward to watching it come alive!

Smiley31-1_zpsnb9tyvga.gif

Thank you! Yes, the building management was a little hesitant at first, problem would be with my neighbors in case the tank breaks :eek: Hopefully that doesn't happen :)

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick video of the Percula Onyx Clownfish in their temporary home.
They are eating well, I just get near the glass, grab some flakes and they get excited, at least they look really healthy.

I can't feed them too much as I don't want to spike ammonia, maybe on the 4th day of transfer I can give them a little more prior to the move.

jmreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing set up and respect for doing it all from scratch. I had a question about your sound dampening pads. I read they are for external use are u using them inside the tank?

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing set up and respect for doing it all from scratch. I had a question about your sound dampening pads. I read they are for external use are u using them inside the tank?

Thank you very much for pointing that! I just checked on BRS and indeed they are intended for external use only, already removed them from the tank, thanks :)

I needed the silicone ones.

jmreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! I need some too and after i read their site they pointed me to the silicone ones also. With our tanks we have to be careful of anything leaching into our system. Even if the odds are small why take the risk with how much TLC we put in every fish, invert and coral.

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow's TTM #3 and tank is ready :)

For the last tank (TTM #4), I'll be using my 25Gallon Cube, so I can keep them in there for at least a week on observation and maybe use some Pazipro.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So easy, isn't it? TTM is awesome!

If you want, you can use prazipro on the 2nd and 4th transfers and combine TTM with dosing prazipro. Such a time saver IMO but I only do it if all fish are already showing signs of eating first as prazipro has the potential to be an appetite suppressant.

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So easy, isn't it? TTM is awesome!

If you want, you can use prazipro on the 2nd and 4th transfers and combine TTM with dosing prazipro. Such a time saver IMO but I only do it if all fish are already showing signs of eating first as prazipro has the potential to be an appetite suppressant.

Indeed it's easy, I'm really happy with the ongoing results :)

Thank you Farmer, I will use Pazipro on the 4th stage, I will read instructions how to apply it. Both fish are eating great, when I reach for the food and open it, both fish begin to swim around in joy, they look like puppies moving their tails lol.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! That's definitely anothrr main benefit of QT is to get the fish used to you being their source of food.

Be sure to follow up with a 2nd dose of prazipro as well to ensure you knock out any that may have hatched after the first treatment.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish look nice! I really like the [HASHTAG]#Tank[/HASHTAG] Transfer Method!

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last tank ready for tomorrow's TTM #4, after this tank, fish will go into the last QT for Pazipro and last observation, 2 weeks and into the DT.

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I transferred the fish for the last time to their final QT.
12 Days of TTM are finally over, fish look really healthy at the point of picking on my finger when giving food.

This last 25gallon QT is equipped with PVC, Aquaclear 50, Air stone for better gas exchange, thermometer and heater, I dosed 15ML's of Pazipro.

PVC was still missing when took this photo, now it's already in.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great, looking forward to watching you fill this thing up!

Back