Just got a new Blenny

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This blenny is by far my favorite that I've ever had, and perhaps my favorite fish. It beats out the bicolor, and the lawnmower easily. This guy spent the first night hidden under a rock ledge, but two days later he was just as curious about me as I was about him. I have a feeling that his is a teenager because he is losing his juvi colors and getting his final adult pattern. My LFS made up some name for him, but after some research I think he may be a linear blenny.

port.7_02.jpg

In the past 2 days he has taken to spirulina tablets and mysis shrimp, if they float in front of his face. He spends a lot of time resting his head on some palys just watching me as I try and keep my fish room clean. BTW, if you know what type of blenny this is please let me know.

head.jpg

body1.jpg

fishwithzoas.jpg

OP
OP
ficklefins

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks msman,

It seems that I must have deleted the linear blenny part of my post. I'm glad that you posted that because you picked out the ID I thought it was without my suggestion.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's cool looking. I love blennies. I can sit and watch my starry night blenny for hours. Very weird acting fish.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks msman,

It seems that I must have deleted the linear blenny part of my post. I'm glad that you posted that because you picked out the ID I thought it was without my suggestion.

your welcome

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Bi-color that ate polyps mostly xenia type many years ago.....

That is a real cool fish.....

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ones that look like they have lipstick on for obvious reasons...
<grin>
Laurie

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bimaculatus (2 spot) blenny and a tailspot blenny. Those two have more personality than any other fish I've had (though my bicolor blenny is close). The 2 spot blenny is absolutely hilarious, very comical and just plain goofy :) The tailspot is a relatively new addition, but he's just so darn cute that I know he'll be a great addition to the tank :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back