Just Joined.....

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, my name is Scott and just joined this really cool forum. I have a 135g LeeMar tank with a 40g sump (all live rock & a skimmer). So far FOWLR (except for a small zoa colony which I did not even know existed until after 2 weeks of ownership). I purchased the set-up from a guy and he had only 7 assorted Damselfish and a coral banded shrimp....also no lighting at all which probably explains the zoas being dormant and he never mentioned them during sale either??? At any rate I have brought this to life and kept only 1 yellow tail Damsel and gave the rest to LFS. I have a Yellow Tang, White tail Bristletooth Tang, 2 O Clowns, 2 G Chromis, Bengaii cardinal and a sweet little Valentini Puffer as well as the shrimp which I also kept. I also keep 2 freshwater tanks as well, but am going to convert my 29 biocube into a reef tank in the near future as I can eventually move those fish to my 50g FW tank. I look forward to learning and sharing in this awesome hobby with you all.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Scott!!!
IMG_4786 santa.jpg

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're a visual bunch of reef nerds so your words will make more sense with accompanying pictures ;) Welcome to the R2R gang, Scott! We look forward to your picture heavy tank thread. Good luck and happy reefing!

OP
OP
Swoody

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind welcomes!! I am posting from the middle of the Bering Sea right now so very limited on pics available and the abhorrent weather is making satellite connection miserable. Here is a FTS shot from a month ago. Hopefully it loads!

FTS.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back