Just starting a salt water tank and i have questions!!!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need for air head get your self a nice hydor k1 and a skimmer! You should do a pair of onyx clowns and a purple fire fish! Also the blood shrimp or cleaner shrimps are sweet

By the way welcome to reef 2 reef! Best reef site around! Every one here is great! My names Phil! Any question feel free to ask!

OP
OP
C

Courtney_Marie820

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need for air head get your self a nice hydor k1 and a skimmer! You should do a pair of onyx clowns and a purple fire fish! Also the blood shrimp or cleaner shrimps are sweet

By the way welcome to reef 2 reef! Best reef site around! Every one here is great! My names Phil! Any question feel free to ask!

Alright!! I will do that. I love Firefish and clowns so I will. Thank you SOO much.

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend a clownfish and a tailspot blenny as the other poster's suggest, I've had both and they are really great fish especially the tail-spot!

Do you have picture's of your setup so we can get an idea of what we are working with?! ( =

What equipment do you have? heater? Circulation pumps? Lights?

What temp do you keep your tank at? Salinity? When/how many water changes will you be doing? etc etc!

OP
OP
C

Courtney_Marie820

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend a clownfish and a tailspot blenny as the other poster's suggest, I've had both and they are really great fish especially the tail-spot!

Do you have picture's of your setup so we can get an idea of what we are working with?! ( =

What equipment do you have? heater? Circulation pumps? Lights?

What temp do you keep your tank at? Salinity? When/how many water changes will you be doing? etc etc!

Okay, well lets see. I will take pictures tomorrow whenever I go get my camra from my moms.

I have a heater, its a Visi-Therm Stealth. My filter is a AquaClear. I just have a normal light right now.

My temp right now is 82. I can't remember off the top of my head what my salinity is, but I will let you know. My water changes, I'm not sure about those yet, I don't know too much about the water changes yet.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20g..3 small fish MAX.

What kind of filtration are you going to be using? That will be a large part of how much bioload your tank will support.

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as water changes there are different theories. but i would say with a small tank w/o a skimmer i would prob. do weekly water changes.

OP
OP
C

Courtney_Marie820

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as water changes there are different theories. but i would say with a small tank w/o a skimmer i would prob. do weekly water changes.

Awesome, See I hadn't found out anything about that yet, but i know now. Thank you. Oh and if i get a skimmer whats the best?

starfish

Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some other good choices besides the above mentioned(small tank,small fish)royal gramma,yellow watchman goby,token clown fish of,course,pepperment shrimp, cleaner shrimp,fire shrimp, Atlantic pygmy angel,kupang damsel otherwise stay away from damsels.Stay away from pseudochromis or basslets tank too small they are very aggressive in small confinement.Mandarins will only eat live food as a rule along with most scooter blenny's. Do not overload your nano with too many fish unless this will be a fish only tank. What kind of light will you be putting on this tank that will determine what you can put in it. What about filtration?

OP
OP
C

Courtney_Marie820

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I don't have an amazing light I just have a normal one, and it's just going to be a fish tank. I have a aquaclear 30 for my filteration.

Phatboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys sold me on the pygmy angel..I want one..pretty fish.

helfrichgolby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30g. I run no skimmer just filtration. Have watchman golby, helfrich, mystery wrasse (my favorite), clown, tiger shrimp. Rest is corals. My understanding is an inch is 5 gallons.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back