keeping coral

nemo1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm new to this hobby have my jbj 28 nano tank running for a lil over 2 months now, was wondering in order for me to keep coral do i have to dose or just basically rely on water changes to keep them nice and healthy

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I'm new to this hobby have my jbj 28 nano tank running for a lil over 2 months now, was wondering in order for me to keep coral do i have to dose or just basically rely on water changes to keep them nice and healthy
Welcome too R2R Depends if you go for soft corals or sps .. but in the beginning you won't need too dose with so few corals ..

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r :)

Yeah I'd say depending on what corals you get will determine if you'll be dosing or not. I'd say go with something kinda hardy like a hammer or frogspawn to get your feet wet. Also dip your corals, I use bayer insect repellent 10ml to about a cup of water for 10 mins then 20ml to a cup of water for 5 mins :) can find this stuff at lowes for like $15 for a big jug

OP
OP
N

nemo1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the info guys.. Question though when u meam cup of water u mean RO/DI correct? does it have to be same temp as DT temp

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id also suggest acclimation your coral to your tank water before the dip least this is what I do haha

MmmmBalf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep track of your alk, Ca & Mg & dose if your levels are dropping quicker than you're replacing them with the water changes. You should only dose to keep levels stable in the desired range. Don't dose without testing or knowing how much you need to dose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nemo1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you for the info just say i would have to dose what brand you recommend using and to test as well.. i wouldnt have a dosing machine

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back