OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I've ever had with it is it can work too well. I only run it around 6hrs a day because it can over strip nutrients if it's run for too long. I leave it spinning all the time so no detritus can settle but the lights only on for about six hours

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gal tank that is going to house skimmer and live rock that will feed a 15 gal that will have the chaeto prolly run lights on it off cycle from frag tank

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if you've already stated this, what pump are you using in the fuge for the spinning of the Chaeto?

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gal tank that is going to house skimmer and live rock that will feed a 15 gal that will have the chaeto prolly run lights on it off cycle from frag tank
The bright light is about 75% of why my fuge works as well as it does but if you want it to spin like mine the shape of the section where the algae actually spends is important. If the baffle and my fuge was in a different place it wouldn't have the same effect. So if you use a tank with different dimensions than my 10 gallon you would have to find The right spot in that tank for the baffle to work.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a wp 10 in mine. Cheap and has speeds. I run mine on the medium constant lvl

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any chance we can get a couple pics looking at the sumo, where you put the pipes. Maybe some zoomed out.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump doesn't look it's best right now and the plumbing to the fuge is not the way I would do it now it's the first one I made but I'll see what I can do. Latter today or at the latest tomorrow I'll get some new pics of it posted.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an outside perspecitve, but I think a sketch of the fuge/sump/drains with some labels and dimesions on the critical things would clear up much of the confusion/questions here.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feed line is on the left but I wouldn't do it that way now. The drain is on the right and is run to a filter sock. The only reason it was run to a filter sock is because I was thinking at the time I would get bits of algae coming out of the fuge but it really hasn't been a problem and the next one I build will drain into the same place as the returns for the tank. The overflow inside is just a 45 elbow and has worked very well.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The side is painted black so you can't see the inside. But I'm happy to answer any questions and sometime in the next few weeks I'll be making a new one so I'll be able to take pics of it as it goes together.

Back