Keithcorals refugium

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well do you think this setup would scale to a larger size? I have a hunch that it would be better to run x2 10g rather than x1 20g. (Smaller algae ball means more flow and light contact to the center?)

Is that just a piece of glass you have the light sitting on?

This is the warm white flood light, correct?

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear of your alk spike. Just want to thank you for the inspiration. I was bored with my fuge and after reading this thread I decided to give this a try and I love it. Mine has slightly evolved and the chaeto has worked its way out and now it's just red gracilaria with bits of codiaum. I call it the Fireball Fuge.

http://youtu.be/MpCZugFFaW0

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Keith. Great looking corals too. Tumbling the algae will indeed expose more of it to the light. The triton algae filter stresses very bright lights- not the dim lights most people put over their make-shift refugium. To properly stimulate photosynthesis in algae, you certainly want a low kelvin temp- something in the 4k range and lots of intensity. Keep the flow strong in the algae filter to suspend detritus and thats pretty much it! Having a diverse stock of algae also helps to spread the uptake of various elements and nutrients.

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Keith, I like the video you posted at .

Was wondering if you ever made another one of your spinning reactor doohickies. Could you make a more lengthy video showing all sides and angles?

And does it really keep spinning?

Back