Kessil 160

charlessyverson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new Kessil 160 on a JBJ 30g rimless. What should I start with for manual adjustments on it; how long should I have it on, intensity, color? I do not have anything currently in the tank, it is cycling, but am planning for the future.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 160's over a 75g. I'm running mine on a 12 hour schedule with a 2 hour ramp up and down ( using the controller ) with them set at 45% color and 75% intensity about 7" from the surface with a supplement of 2 T5 HO. Since you don't have anything in your tank right now I'd just set them at 50 and 50 for now. You'll be starting with a CUC and fish first before you add corals so when that time comes you can put the light on a schedule with either a timer or some type of controller. Once you start to add corals is when you'll be making adjustments to color and intensity to see what they like, but start off on lower settings and adjust from there once corals are in.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • None.

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.5%

Back