Kessil A360WE + Spectral controller question?

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to turn both the colour and intensity on the A360WE to max and then set what ever I want from the controller?

After 5 weeks of setting up my tank I just realised like an idiot that my colour wasn't changing to blue and was a constant white throughout the entire day despite having set my controller to ramp up both colour and intensity and then back down. So I just changed my colour to max on the light and went through the controller and it seems all is okay in the colour department now. In regards to intensity do I also turn that to max? I'm just a little worried about that since I don't want to fry my corals all of a sudden, God knows how little light they were getting whilst I thought they were getting whatever % I had set for them on my controller. Thanks.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller will over ride any settings you make on the dials, I can't remember if the controller completely over rides the dials if they are turned all the way down.

Are you sure the cable is plugged into the correct port on the light? One is an input and the other is an output. You want the controller plugged into the input.

OP
OP

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The controller will over ride any settings you make on the dials, I can't remember if the controller completely over rides the dials if they are turned all the way down.

Are you sure the cable is plugged into the correct port on the light? One is an input and the other is an output. You want the controller plugged into the input.

Just checked and the controller cable was in the output port, hopefully it all works out now, thanks.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All should be good now, you may want to verify your light schedule and intensities!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back