Kessil ap700, radios gen 4 xr30 or AI Hydra twenty six pro and cons???

rmh2472

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some of the pros and cons of each of these? I've heard that the kessil has some problem with software. I like the shimmer of the kessil's. Which is the best for the price?

Mickie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two hydra 26 HDs....they're about $350 a piece.... Love what you can with them. But if your router or router extender is not within 10 feet in sight of your lights....you will have constant WiFi connectivity issues.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two AP700s over my 180 and couldn't be happier. Built in WIFi, great spread, Kessil Logic, sleek looking, flawless light mixing, awesome shimmer, powerfull, no hot spots, I just love them.

TimT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along here. Also curious about this and especially the mentioned software problems...

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own an AP700 as well and I love the look of the tank. The colors in the corals are great and I think it looks incredibly natural. I agree that the latest firmware has addressed a lot of the software issues with a couple that are still lingering around but nothing that I would consider a major concern. For example, when I create a program that has effects like a cloud and then I remove the cloud, the cloud is still in the program despite not being in the program. So I have to delete the program and create it again and it's gone. Not a deal breaker in my opinion and something that I'm sure they'll address in a future release. It runs dead silent and the profile of the panel is sleek and modern.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own an AP700 as well and I love the look of the tank. The colors in the corals are great and I think it looks incredibly natural. I agree that the latest firmware has addressed a lot of the software issues with a couple that are still lingering around but nothing that I would consider a major concern. For example, when I create a program that has effects like a cloud and then I remove the cloud, the cloud is still in the program despite not being in the program. So I have to delete the program and create it again and it's gone. Not a deal breaker in my opinion and something that I'm sure they'll address in a future release. It runs dead silent and the profile of the panel is sleek and modern.
I'd go with the AP700's too but (Lol) looks like OP "Left the Building" long ago.
If a AP700 fits your dimensions it's hard to beat and it's also has the built in Kessil Logic.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a thread a while ago regarding the ap700 and decided to buy it and replace my a160s and I have been happy with them. The app is very easy to use and the features are cool as well. I am seeing good growth on my corals and I am only at 50% intensity with the slight diffuser attached. Will gradually raise it as the tank gets used to them. Have acros in there looking better than ever and my LPS corals are doing great. The best thing next to growth is that the colors of my corals and popping now.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had 160s. I dropped them for a dimmable ati t5 fixture but after some snorkeling I just had to have some shimmer back. I was about to go MH but decided to try out the ap700. I absolutely love it and so do my corals. I went with the major diffusers and have been really pleased with the look and results.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back