Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrance really stoked by this release, but I also noticed the DKH monitoring on your dashboard......super EXCITED for the future!

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Utt oh! Some people are going to be really disappointed when they find out just how little their return pumps are putting out! Great job Neptune Systems. This will be a very helpful reefing tool.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Utt oh! Some people are going to be really disappointed when they find out just how little their return pumps are putting out! Great job Neptune Systems. This will be a very helpful reefing tool.
Yes, and some manufacturers of pumps will now have to field the questions and educate people on the loss of flow due to the parasitic effect of fittings, line length, and of course vertical height. It is crazy how much flow is lost on the "pretty" plumbing set-ups as opposed to a run of flex.

deaclauderdale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and some manufacturers of pumps will now have to field the questions and educate people on the loss of flow due to the parasitic effect of fittings, line length, and of course vertical height. It is crazy how much flow is lost on the "pretty" plumbing set-ups as opposed to a run of flex.
Is the COR coming to market soon?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this add on!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

DSD1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been part of the test group and I love the FMK.

I was very surprised to see what my return pump was really pumping. I have about 22' of head pressure on my system So i had to purchase a new pump to handle it. I also found that I could change my plumbing a little to gain some more flow.

I Plan to buy another FMM as I'm using all 4 ports on the one I have now. I will definitely get a few of the optical level sensors and the solenoid valve.

Terry4505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I am curious about... If we know fittings dramatically reduce flow, how much do each of the flow sensors reduce it as well? Yes, it is great to be able to measure flow, and something I am really excited to implement. But how much flow will be lost in the process of monitoring it?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back