OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT tank, stand and display macroalgae tank arrived today.
Few shots...
qtsetup1.jpg
qtsetup2.jpg
qtsetup3.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:laser:
Few shots with the garage door opened up. Stand and tanks in place. Attabox power supply installed for all modules. Now for all the hookup.. A few shots later today of finished product.

Attachments

• qtsetup6.jpg
    qtsetup6.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 540
  • qtsetup7.jpg
    qtsetup7.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 562
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, will the macro display be hooked into the main system?

No the QT, and macro refugium will always be tied into the QT sump seperate from the main system. I can have the frag tank on either system and will switch it over in a couple of weeks off the main.
Well I could actually run them all together with topoff only coming from one system but it would be a fine balancing act and a snail or such in a pipe can lead to big trouble..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sand in display refugium.. really cloudy should be clear by morning.
qtsetup8.jpg

shot of plumbing that connect qt and display refugium to QT Sump. With little space between we decided to build the bulkheads out the side of the tank instead of the bottom allowing drainage to the sump
qtsetup9.jpg

There is also a water change input on bottom right

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex 200 skimmer already pulling out some nasties..
qtsetup10.jpg

and carbon being run through manifold from qt return pump

qtsetup11.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really loving the new qt sump design. Instead of filter socks we designed a pull out box that will house filter pads allowing easy removal for changes. When full it will easily overflow until changed. The box also allows a quiet (AND I MEAN SILENT) overflow section. It is actually a bit weird not hearing any water noises from drainage.

The box is visible a couple of posts up and you can see the two holes allowing fingers to pull out the box.:nerd:

Still need to hook up probe holders, RO tubing holder, AI hydra for display refugium, add Davey Jones skimmate locker for skim overflow, and finally add cameras for the new tanks. Then finally last step in cleaning up the wiring mess by adding the last attabox for control station #4.

Last edited:

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epic build bro, love it, one question tho, do u plan to feed your fishes any of the macro? Cause u mentioned it would be hooked up with the QT setup? Could have cross contamination, just a thought if that was your plan... Keep up the good work, like McDonald's , " I'm lovin it"

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epic build bro, love it, one question tho, do u plan to feed your fishes any of the macro? Cause u mentioned it would be hooked up with the QT setup? Could have cross contamination, just a thought if that was your plan... Keep up the good work, like McDonald's , " I'm lovin it"

I have a tough enough time remembering to feed the fish anything! I have apex feeder that goes off 3 times a day and my fish are now all fat eating pellets. I do feed nori about twice a week and brine shrimp once a week. No plans to use the macro for feeding fish just to control nitrates and visual stimulation. :noidea:

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was able to finish up wiring of power station number 4 for the qt/macro/sump/frag section.
Attabox30.jpg
Attabox31.jpg

here in DFW metroplex weather rolled in while having several people over. 60 mph wind, thunderstorms, tornado warning, and golf ball to tennis ball size hail... You can now understand the next pic..:cry:

Attabox32.jpg

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe you parked in your fishroom. :tongue:

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: car exhaust and fish tanks, any issues? Very nice build! jealous!

I thought of that when car was going in so left garage open for hour or so to prevent bad air. That was the ONLY time a car is put in the fish tank garage. Only for emergency..I actually moved the car out after the storm so I could continue the hook up of the system.:rofl:

On a side note the storm knocked out power but not at our house! Generator went on its maiden voyage last night. Our power came back on but the neighborhood across the street is still without power. :squigglemouth:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is finally hooked up and running nicely.
Completesetup2.jpg

Last projects before completion of total setup:
1- order head cleaner for new Vertex 200 skimmer
2- finish installing power station 3 (last of the 4 total)
Here is the mess I will be working with ---
Powerstation3.jpg

And a final shot of power stations 1 and 2 with "most" of the wiring completed--
Powerstation1&2.jpg

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vertex omega 180i skimmer with the auto neck cleaner. Are you going with the Vertex model neck cleaner for your vertex skimmer? And how do you anticipate you'll program it (how many times per day, length of time it will run)?

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a vertex omega 180i skimmer with the auto neck cleaner. Are you going with the Vertex model neck cleaner for your vertex skimmer? And how do you anticipate you'll program it (how many times per day, length of time it will run)?

Here is copy of bubble king head cleaner from apex. I will use same programming --
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
OSC 039:30/000:30/000:00 Then ON
If Outlet BubKing1 = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet BubKing2 = OFF Then OFF
If Outlet DoorbellB = ON Then OFF
If Outlet DoorbellD = ON Then OFF
If Outlet RO_FKWater = ON Then OFF
I have the aquadriver head cleaner for the bubble king and will be ordering the same 200mm for the vertex. Just a great head cleaner compared to the rest on the market. I really like having the spray bar as it seems to allow not cleaning but every two weeks or so...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back