LE Tyree Captain America "Last Frag" Paly Growout!!!

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
nope thats right i read it too........since i wasnt part of the growout how much did the original polyp cost? im guessing he factored in $55 when he was going to ship it to everyone after he had polyps for everyone.

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope thats right i read it too........since i wasnt part of the growout how much did the original polyp cost? im guessing he factored in $55 when he was going to ship it to everyone after he had polyps for everyone.

Yeah... sorry for all you that went for this. He should pay you all back right away. The shipping only costs when you ship something!!

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think returning the shipping cost is only fair and expected. The cost of the polyps might be a different story, that is a lot of risk for somebody to be expected to take on.

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he should repay the shipping cost that he made you all prepay for. I have had 2 of these polyps for 1 month and it is now 5 polyps. Give it another month and it will be 10-15 polyps.... in 6 months 50 polyps. And I am no PRO!! Come on this is sad.

Last edited:

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the risk of a growout? If the coral dies, everyone is out of luck.

Does this mean that if there were a growout and Im responsible for the coral, if it dies(which does happen), I'd owe everyone their money back?

I thought the point of a growout is to buy in cheap but there's always the risk of not getting anything. Otherwise, pay full price and you don't have to deal w/ this happening...

Your right if the grow out is set up so that the grower is just growing it out
for everyone with just maybe getting his frag for free.
But if its set up so you make 7 or 8 hundred out of it that is a different deal,
I'm steal willing to Waite to see if it works out. and sorry he lost the tank

Last edited:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right if the grow out is set up so that the grower is just growing it out
for everyone with just maybe getting his frag for free.

That's exactly right, but it seems like people lately haven't been getting the idea on this. It's not a growout if you're charging more than an even split of the cost to each member. The way it was stated in the beginning also, shipping was not included as a part of the $55; that would be additional at the time of shipping. The extra money was to pay for "new acquisitions", such as the frags he got from FLricordia. Now, I can't say for sure, but the captain america frag cost $187+shipping, and I have to wonder if his order with FLricordia came to ~$800+ to use the rest of the funds he collected. I always wondered about this part. If it were a proper growout, 20 people should have paid in $10/11 each.

Sorry that things didn't work out better for everyone. Hopefully pakora can come up with the funds in a timely manner.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still havent seen a grow out succesfully and its sad cause sooner or later people will be scared to join grow outs cause the think they will be scam
And also I see that always the grower appers just to get the money but when its time to post pics to see how the frag is doing hes always in a rush
I mean how much time does it take to snap picture for the crow

This is just my 2 cents that i have seen in the grow out post lately

sciknen

Merrimack Valley Hardcore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who would ever give someone 55 bucks for this growout? I mean can't people do simple math. 55 x 20 is1100. 1100- 187 is 913. He pocketed 913 bucks No one realized this months ago when they were paying? To be honest you guys deserve to get robbed if you just sent your money out there with no cares and without reading a little bit. I think i may nominate this for Darwin Awards.

The Darwin Awards

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why i stay away from grow outs i just grow it myself you dont have to worry about crap if the polyps die or whatever! jMO

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the original post, only 12 people actually paid. I never sent my money. Thank goodness!

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like he used your money and then got the CA and then grew them out said they died i bet he has them but sold them some other way and made a lot of money. if you cant even go on the thread where it all started and say it here and post a pick of the "poised tank"....... what a jerk

fiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a email tonight saying that his tank was poisoned & every thing died,but not to worry because he spent all the money on high end frags that also died, but as soon as he could muster up extra cash that refund's would be on their way. Why am I not feeling all fuzzy about this. And why is some one else sending the emails to me & not pakora? Any one know this guy in real life & know where he lives?
\

His tank was poisoned?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back