LED Fixture advice needed!!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we're considering making a change to Angie's Nano (Aquapod 24) At present, it's lit with a Sunpod 150MH. We've been unhappy with the lighting, for a long time now. Next bulb replacement is due, and we're leaning towards trying a Phoenix 14K, as the Ushio 14K is just way too white, almost yellow!

Other options that we've been batting around, include a T5 fixture. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding a quality fixture, in 20" and an even harder time finding quality T5 bulbs, in 20".

So, we've been considering LEDs. Recently, at a big Frag Swap event, Cherry Coral and Reef Koi had a couple really nice LED set ups.

I'm now looking to you, R2R members, for advice!! What are some good options, for LED fixtures? We want to be able to grow anything we want, and give it all adequate lighting, with no limitations on types of corals we can add.

Ideas? Comments?? Links???

Thanks all!

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Reefkoi Evolution on my 300 and on my frag tank. They grow anything. I have SPS and get great color/growth. On the sandbed, I have Acans and LPS and they are incredible. You could use one of the 1g Evos and have no issues, what so ever.

TheChef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running a 120w fixture i got from LEDwholesalers.com (www.LEDwholesalers.com - High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light) its a bit pricey, but Its been running on my tank for over a year with great results. The colors are fantastic and the growth is amazing. SPS no problem, lps on the sandbed, have a RBT that has split 3-4 times. The light is intense though, so i keep my lower light corals to the side of the tank

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be getting the ai setup for my 30*30 cube in a few weeks. The sol blue model. Dimmability means everything with leds. If it ain't dimmable don't spend your money on it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back