LED Light Manufacturer's and Model List

McolonReefAddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update to the Dsuny Leds. A few months back the display on the controller went dim and the unit was unable to keep time so my lights were turning on and off at random times. I contacted the manufacturer in China and they sent me a replacement free of charge, the only thing was that I had to change it out myself which for me was no big deal since Im and electrical engineer. Fast forward to This past Tuesday, sept. 20th 2016, I came home to my entire system being shut down, pumps, heaters and lights. I have my whole system tied into GFCI outlets so I had to reset all of the plugs and plug in one thing at a time. Long story short it was the Light controller causing the problem, I can imagine that if not for the GFCI outlets who knows what could've happened, circuit breaker trip or worse a fire. So now I'm down to my 48 inch T5 fixture for now until I get replacement that fits my tank. Its a 72 in long so the 48 is not enough. I think i'm just going to stick with t5's. I had no real growth with the LED's anyways, although in all fairness to LEDS these were not the greatest ones to get.

ssw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDElements

BlackIce
DSC_8278sm.jpg

Saturn
DSC_9604sm.jpg DSC_9622sm.jpg

AirPro & AirUltra
DSC_8395sm.jpg DSC_8991sm.jpg DSC_8999sm.jpg

Still unnamed

2.jpg penta3.jpg

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDZeal
made in China...buy direct from mfg.

visit www.ledzeal.com email Kevin from website

I think best quality for the buck .....you can customize the light....the will install your choice of colors (LED's) and optics. Comes with wired controller or WiFi.

Just got my S400 LED from them a few weeks ago...replaced my MH/VHO combo
Just wanted to know how your light is working out for you would you buy it again? I went to their site but I am having trouble with how to order Thanks

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
revhtree,
I am new to this forum. I see you started this string about 2 years ago. Do you have the complete list somewhere? Did I miss a posting? I am interested in making the switch from MH to LED on my 180g.

bwmalloy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thought....
What about mixing LED fixtures? I have a 180g tank with 3 distinct sections, left to right, separated by cross beams at the suface. In my research so far, when there are LED fixtures similar to the Hydras or Mytras, I will need 3 fixtures. What if I buy 2 Hydras for the ends and a Mytras for the middle fixture? My cost goes from ~$2200 to ~$1800. The only issue I see is the ability to control them. I would require 2 separate apps to control them but that doesn't seem like a big deal. That's a good cost savings.

Thoughts?

Marinemom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1488155760668.jpeg
Hi I am new to The forum and I was wondering if someone could suggest a reasonably priced LED lighting system for my 110 tall. I am just starting to do corals .

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDZeal
made in China...buy direct from mfg.

visit www.ledzeal.com email Kevin from website

I think best quality for the buck .....you can customize the light....the will install your choice of colors (LED's) and optics. Comes with wired controller or WiFi.

Just got my S400 LED from them a few weeks ago...replaced my MH/VHO combo

I don't see any prices on his website ?

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1488155760668.jpeg
Hi I am new to The forum and I was wondering if someone could suggest a reasonably priced LED lighting system for my 110 tall. I am just starting to do corals .
I have a 150 that's 30" deep, and if you want par to be above 100 I would suggest at least 2 radions/hydras. I used to have a maxspect razor and was not enough. I now run an 8 build ATI w/2 of the bulbs LEDs and it's way better IMO. I grow LPS/SPS and softies.
e404c42875c74a55225c5a99ffdaa763.jpg

Dave1045

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RapidLED's "Corona" fixtures look pretty cool. I just ordered 3 and they should be here tomorrow. If the are 1/2 as good as their DIY kits- I am going to be VERY happy.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a Mars Aqua LED Lightbar (which is interesting as I have never seen anything from them other than their version of the Chinese Black Box) on my 90 gallon. I can't find a model on it but it is a 36 inch light bar with Red, Blue, Green and White and has a remote on it, but all I can do is control the lighting intensity. Just ordered a pair of AI Hydra 26 for the same tank. It will be fun to compare the two, but realistically I know there will be no comparison since the lights are in 2 totally different leagues.

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce ReeFi and our ReeFi LED.

www.reefi-lab.com
This looks super interesting to me. I couldn't see any graphs showing the par distribution at certain depths so I can work out if it has the area coverage I need. I guess you can ship to EU. I'd also like to know how close together the cluster is - is it as tight as Kessil?
The lights look stunning. Any plans for ones with less diodes or lights for the fuge? Looking forward to hearing about the controller too ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back