LED Light Manufacturer's and Model List

Discussion in 'LED Lighting Specific' started by revhtree, May 22, 2012.

1. Michael01

Michael01 New Member

2. McolonReefAddict

McolonReefAddict Active Member

So an update to the Dsuny Leds. A few months back the display on the controller went dim and the unit was unable to keep time so my lights were turning on and off at random times. I contacted the manufacturer in China and they sent me a replacement free of charge, the only thing was that I had to change it out myself which for me was no big deal since Im and electrical engineer. Fast forward to This past Tuesday, sept. 20th 2016, I came home to my entire system being shut down, pumps, heaters and lights. I have my whole system tied into GFCI outlets so I had to reset all of the plugs and plug in one thing at a time. Long story short it was the Light controller causing the problem, I can imagine that if not for the GFCI outlets who knows what could've happened, circuit breaker trip or worse a fire. So now I'm down to my 48 inch T5 fixture for now until I get replacement that fits my tank. Its a 72 in long so the 48 is not enough. I think i'm just going to stick with t5's. I had no real growth with the LED's anyways, although in all fairness to LEDS these were not the greatest ones to get.

3. ssw

ssw Member

LEDElements

BlackIce
    DSC_8278sm.jpg

Saturn
    DSC_9604sm.jpg DSC_9622sm.jpg

AirPro & AirUltra
    DSC_8395sm.jpg DSC_8991sm.jpg DSC_8999sm.jpg

Still unnamed

2.jpg penta3.jpg

4. Mark Gray

Mark Gray Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Just wanted to know how your light is working out for you would you buy it again? I went to their site but I am having trouble with how to order Thanks

5. bwmalloy

bwmalloy Member

revhtree,
    I am new to this forum. I see you started this string about 2 years ago. Do you have the complete list somewhere? Did I miss a posting? I am interested in making the switch from MH to LED on my 180g.

6. Roy 9121

Roy 9121 Well-Known Member

I am running one Aqua Illuminations Hydra 52 on my 55 gallon reef.

7. bwmalloy

bwmalloy Member

How deep is your tank? And, what do you have close to the top and at the sand bed?

8. Roy 9121

My tank is 2 feet deep. At the top i have some candy canes and some acans. My clam and some frog spwan at the bottom.

20170109_101317.jpg

bwmalloy likes this.
  9. Roy 9121

I have the AI Hydra 52

bwmalloy likes this.
  10. bwmalloy

bwmalloy Member

The Hydras 52 are on the top of my list right now.

11. bwmalloy

bwmalloy Member

Another thought....
    What about mixing LED fixtures? I have a 180g tank with 3 distinct sections, left to right, separated by cross beams at the suface. In my research so far, when there are LED fixtures similar to the Hydras or Mytras, I will need 3 fixtures. What if I buy 2 Hydras for the ends and a Mytras for the middle fixture? My cost goes from ~$2200 to ~$1800. The only issue I see is the ability to control them. I would require 2 separate apps to control them but that doesn't seem like a big deal. That's a good cost savings.

Thoughts?