Led Lighting

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting ready to set up my 8th display and wanted to do an all Led System.I was told to go to a web site called www.fish-street.com So I go to the site and look at their Led's.Im blown away by the price of the 30cm Led's.I wanted to know 2 things.

1)Will 2 of the 30cm lighs work over a 55?

2)What is the quality of the lights?All that ran through my mind was "you get what you pay for" when I read the price.But you never know.

Heres link to lights:
Weipro Aquarium LED Lighting LED-C

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24" reef Brite blue bar that is 15w 24v and it is atleast double the 2x 24" 24w T-5s I had on my 60g cube......Hard to say without actually seeing them inperson.....If you looking for Strip leds I say look at Reef Brite or Coralsky.....Both are a little expensive but tried and true. Plus there is info on them where the ones you posted to, I couldn't find anything about them or the quality.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.I read over every thing about them on the Web site.Watched a few vid on the net to.The corals looked good but I still worry.I just lost a bunch of coral due to cyano and dont want to lose a bunch to crap lighting.

Has anyone used these lights????

Thanks

Fishinfool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about Cree led lighing?? Anyone else have any experience with these?? I have a fixture a friend and I made it consists of six white and six cool blue LEDs. They look great as my fuge light. I also added an inline voltage regulator so I can adjust the intensity of the LEDs. It is working pretty good so far. Minimal heat. I am thinking about setting up the biocube 29 hood with one of these. I was thinking of using 24 LEDs 12/12. I would also put seperate knob type dimmers on both the white and the blue to adjust the intensity.

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30cm is just shy of 12"
I saw a nice LED fixture at the South Eastern Coral Farmers Market yesterday.
It had the equivelants of a 250 Mh

Here is the link to the coral dealer that had them
Steel City Corals

TANKSALOT
aka - Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Im aware that its just shy of 12.I mean to post 3 of them but I hit the 2 not the 3.What do you think of them?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked again and the 30c is only 4.5w don't say how many bulbs......If you looking to do a 55g tank with just LEDs then you will if you want coral have to go to a higher power lighting system.......That would be good for a moon light or maybe some supplemental lighting but I don't think you will be growing coral with 2 or 3 of those.....The ones Luvmyacans linked to look really good but you will pay for it, you are not going to get any LED lighting that is going to grow and make coral thrive cheaply not even a DIY will be cheap, cheaper then buying a ready made unit but still not $30.....Check out Reef LED lights a new sponsor here. They have LEDs that will grow coral.....i would keep looking personally.

OP
OP
clowns101

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont mind paying more.I just thought I would check into this first.The more money I can save the more money for fish and corals I got to buy!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont mind paying more.I just thought I would check into this first.The more money I can save the more money for fish and corals I got to buy!

I hear ya.....You know the better the equipment you get know the less you will have to spend later.....LEDs I think are even more like that right now....I hate to see someone spend money only to have to spend more for something better.....I would go with the best you can afford right now this way it allows for changes in what you want to keep down the road as we all do.

Back