Led on H. Magnifica?

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Okay so right now I have 2 magnificas under a 250w metal halide does anyone know If they would work under a 300 watt full spectrum led light I want to add a new mag to my new cube but just not sure if it's a good light for them im new with leds Still weary about them here's a pic of the light.

image.jpeg

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can put pretty much anything under leds just remember the leds do penetrate deeper than MH. So definitely check with a par meter.

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Thanks sounds good I'm glad to hear that makes me feel better about the leds :) I've been in this hobby for about 11 yeas and I'm just used to metal halides they're just so exspensive to run I guess I can experiment with my magnificas and record over time their health under the 2 different lights would be pretty cool!

OP
OP
Nemguy123

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Awesome thanks for all the help never had an account with a foram it is awesome! I'm excited to add a magnifica to the tank! These are the ones I have under the 250w halide
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 300 watt LED will be stronger then the 250 MH. I has a buddy swap from a 250 MH to a LED that was 130 watt and it scorched his rocks and corals because he set it to maximum intensity thinking sine they came from a 250 MH it will be fine. So I would set the intensity to 50% and slowly up it by 2% per week. They put out more light then people think. The local fish store runs a 400 watt MH on their coral tanks and I am able to swap spot for spot (original placement of coral) with no issues and no adjustment of my lighting for my Hydra 52 LED. On the 250 MH I have to adjust my lighting settings or place the coral lower.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine loves it right under an xr15 set at 60% slowly ramping it up every two weeks 5% at a time. Started at 40%. So far I'm in love with the radions, and I used to be a diehard MH guy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back