LED/T5 hybrid

MartyF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running a LED/T5 hybrid? This seems to be an excellent lighting option. Unfortunately the only ones I have seen for sale are $1200 and up

Mr_Banana_Pants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an led with a crappy t5 over my frag tank (separate lights) and I've noticed faster uptake of alk then the led alone... rather then a hybrid I'm in the process of using a retrofit t5 in a custom built canopy... can do 4 54watt t5 bulbs and my current led bar until i want to upgrade that. Retrofits are less then $200 each

xviijdx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an excellent choice. You can obviously just get a good T5 System and throw in LED strips to add the shimmer you get from LED's I have seen this done.

OP
OP
MartyF

MartyF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an led with a crappy t5 over my frag tank (separate lights) and I've noticed faster uptake of alk then the led alone... rather then a hybrid I'm in the process of using a retrofit t5 in a custom built canopy... can do 4 54watt t5 bulbs and my current led bar until i want to upgrade that. Retrofits are less then $200 each
The uptake of Alk is definitely interesting. How long have you been running the added t5?

Mr_Banana_Pants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had everything under the LEDs for 3 months, and added the T5 only 3 weeks ago... alk went from adding every other day to everyday... this T5 was given to me so I figured I'd try

pdt7361

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find yourself a good T5 fixture and then mount an LED strip or two on it...get the best if both worlds and you can do it far cheaper than buying a hybrid fixture. Or if you already own the LEDs, then look into a T5 retrofit kit to add at least a couple T5 bulbs.

OP
OP
MartyF

MartyF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the expensive hybrids like the Geismann or Pacific Sun? Are they worth the money?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back