Let's See your Duncans!!

Darryn Lyon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is growing like crazy, and is starting to grow heads everywhere now. (All around the stem) Is this color OK, or does it look bleached at all? I'm just not sure, and I'm just worried it's getting too much light. It's super happy and gets huge every day, and is an aggressive eater.

Let's see 'em!

20161116_133055.jpg

e2ea80c5d82161d4122a5dd2cc52ec7a.jpg

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Haven't seen too many with the long skirt. The mother colony I got it from has craaaaazy long skirts. It was in a 10 gallon tank and reached about 1/4 across the tank. Wierdest one I had ever seen, so I got a piece. Lol. Honestly, had I not seen the mom, I would be sure I was doing something wrong.

OP
OP
Darryn Lyon

Darryn Lyon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still new to a lot of aquatics and the like. There are different species and colors and types of duncans, yes?
I always see other duncans that are all sorts of crazy colors and I keep worrying mine is bleached or something.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really unsure if there are different species. There are other colors and growth patterns. Again, haven't done a lot of research into it to know what exactly causes these patterns and colorations.

OP
OP
Darryn Lyon

Darryn Lyon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Lol now I feel dumb posting my tiny little baby duncan. These are all awesome. I can't wait for mine to get that large. Does the color of my duncan strike anyone as being bleached at all?

1979fishgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colour looks fine, if it's growing it's happy. Mine was very pale grey when I got it, but soon turned shades of pink and green. Don't think they are too fussy about light as long as they get acclimated to it correctly.

I don't spot feed mine, but it gets a few pellets which the fish miss. Very fond of Duncan's.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back