LFS vs liveaquaria

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had much better results purchasing fish through my LFS, and agree with a few statement above. I like seeing the fish before I take it home. It may take time but I can request my lfs to order fish that I am looking for.

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah. I rely mostly on manhattan aquarium. I will have to see if they have what I want. Seemed like nice people at the manhattan frag swap. thanks

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great luck mail order, yes you don't get to see the fish but in general they are a bit cheaper and I have had no deaths yet. good luck I think you would be fine ordering online \.

irish02bk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't use the divers den site on LA. they have a quarantine process and give you a guarantee. Have ordered two fish from there with success. I also support the LFS but feel there is more risk sometimes as they don't have the 30 day quarantine.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah. I rely mostly on manhattan aquarium. I will have to see if they have what I want. Seemed like nice people at the manhattan frag swap. thanks
Back in the day when I lived in Queens there were a couple of good places to get saltwater fish.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were going to say, it was fish town where I used to go. I lived in Bayside not quite sure though, it been about 18 years;)

OP
OP
rich nyc

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up using la. I had a promo code lasaving which I think others could use that expires on jan 31. Thanks

Ryan Espinoza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But can you beat the 14 and 30 day guarantee on corals and fish. Prices a little high. I have had good luck in my tank with fish from there, two jumped out of the bag and in to the tank as soon as i opened it. Both doing great after the long trip, been two weeks. My mother's tank though they didn't make it. But no questions asked they refunded her money.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back