lighting

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you guys use for a 48" x 96" x 18" tank. I am planning to use 4 - 400 wt MH but I am open to suggestions. I plan on having SPS, LPS and some fish.

Thanks,

Last edited:

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What reflectors are you planning on using? Most are 2'x2' for coverage, which would mean you'd need 8 reflectors for consitant coverage in terms of PAR. I'd also for only 20" of depth go with 250w setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What reflectors are you planning on using? Most are 2'x2' for coverage, which would mean you'd need 8 reflectors for consitant coverage in terms of PAR. I'd also for only 20" of depth go with 250w setup.

The overflow is in the middle of the tank so I only have about 20 inches on the sides and about 36" x 36" on each end. I haven't decided on the reflectors but I have been looking at the Lumenarc pendants.

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eland everything went ok on the second move? Sounds like it did since you are in the light planing stage of the set up. We will have to go check it out and bring the PAR meter to get some readings.

OP
OP
E

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eland everything went ok on the second move? Sounds like it did since you are in the light planing stage of the set up. We will have to go check it out and bring the PAR meter to get some readings.

Hey Louis, no we haven't moved it yet. I am thinking about trying to round up the guys again and shoot for May 15th. We are going to take extra care and package this one up before we transport it.

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED all the way, the technology is here. I have them over my tank, corals are happy, my tank is 60 X 24 X 24. I would go DIY, 2 racks of LED total of 600 watt of LED, cost at around 2500.

OP
OP
E

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED all the way, the technology is here. I have them over my tank, corals are happy, my tank is 60 X 24 X 24. I would go DIY, 2 racks of LED total of 600 watt of LED, cost at around 2500.

Any suggestions on the type or brand of LED's? I never really thought of LED's because of them being new and not proven.

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on the type or brand of LED's? I never really thought of LED's because of them being new and not proven.

I am using Cree XPG for white and XPE Royal Blue. Cree is well known. I am using 2 white + 1 blue configuration. My DIY LED is also dimmable, I control it with Digital Aquatic ALC module for dawn to dusk effect, dimming is nice.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back